The Student Room Group

What is your most detested Christmas film or tv show?

Is there one example of traditional Christmas tv viewing that you absolutely loathe or dread seeing year after year during the festive season?

A film/show/series that makes you consider disconnecting the television and removing the fuse to ensure that you will not see or hear it again this year.
Part of me wants to say The Polar Express. It's a decent film, but my brother was obsessed with it when he was younger and would watch it daily. I have now seen it enough times to last a lifetime I think!
Reply 2
Original post by CatusStarbright
Part of me wants to say The Polar Express. It's a decent film, but my brother was obsessed with it when he was younger and would watch it daily. I have now seen it enough times to last a lifetime I think!

I found The Polar Express mildly annoying.
Similar attitude with It's A Wonderful Life.

But The Muppets Christmas Carol is my ultimate nightmare before christmas. :afraid:
After and during christmas too. :mob:
Reply 3
I do favour the horror Christmas films like Black Christmas, 70's and remake. Jack Frost etc etc.
The polar express 🥲
Reply 5
Original post by SMEGGGY
I do favour the horror Christmas films like Black Christmas, 70's and remake. Jack Frost etc etc.

Can you tolerate seeing reruns of It's A Wonderful Life or Love Actually?
Reply 6
Original post by XxAlizaxX
The polar express 🥲

Have you seen The Muppets Christmas Carol ?
Original post by londonmyst
Have you seen The Muppets Christmas Carol ?

Yah i watched the beginning 🙃

Thats prolly number 2 for me 😅
Reply 8

I've not seen either. Not my Genre
My mum and I watched 'Christmas Eve' as it's on Amazon Prime and I am now living with the grief that I will never that 1 1/2 hours of my life back.
Mrs Brown's Boys. The best argument for abolishing the tv licence fee, a foul mouthed abomination. Avoid it at all costs.
Nativity - the heartbreak and suffer I have to endure when every single of my teacher's put it on one after the other

No thank you <3

Love Actually, where one of the characters is a stalker. Not my idea of a good film.
Has to be the muppets christmas carol
Original post by mondays child
Mrs Brown's Boys. The best argument for abolishing the tv licence fee, a foul mouthed abomination. Avoid it at all costs.

Oh no, i love mrs browns boys
Love Actually, where one of the characters is a stalker. Not my idea of a good film.

I agree.
Love actually in general is ****. Its my most detested christmas show/film

Agreed. I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a fork.
polar express gives me anxiety
Is there one example of traditional Christmas tv viewing that you absolutely loathe or dread seeing year after year during the festive season?

A film/show/series that makes you consider disconnecting the television and removing the fuse to ensure that you will not see or hear it again this year.

One of the old religious films. Far too long...also know the ending

Quick Reply

Latest