The Student Room Group

Anyone else doing the Barbri SQE2 Prep Course starting Jan 2022?

I am about to start the SQE2 prep course with Barbri on 10th January for 12 weeks. Is anyone else signed up for this?
Reply 1
Hi, I'm not going to start it until after results. Doesn't make much sense signing up and paying now. Can always catch up the 10 days missed.
Reply 2
Original post by giggy12s
Hi, I'm not going to start it until after results. Doesn't make much sense signing up and paying now. Can always catch up the 10 days missed.

Im starting tomorrow with Barbri, can defer if not passed. Fingers crossed.
Reply 3
I had my focus group call with SRA/Kaplan on Monday. I don't think a single person said anything positive! They basically said thanks for your feedback and we will take it all into account going forward. I think we should have all done the July 2022 SQE1 exam as we wouldn't have been the first test takers. I think SQE1 and SQE2 in October 2022 will be easier.

I also got an email from Kaplan saying that April 2022 SQE2 oral assessments might be postponed due to high COVID-19 cases. I have a disability and when I applied for reasonable adjustments, they said I will get it but just so I am aware, there is a possibility that the April SQE2 is moved for all test takers due to recent COVID cases. This will cause more stress so I might just postpone my BPP course to do the SQE2 in October.

I would avoid Barbri, heard too many negative things about their course. Have a look at the legal cheek articles and RoF.
Reply 4
I'm probably in the minority, in that I did not find the exam hideous - granted it was harder than the SRA samle questions but I felt Barbri had really done well with their course structure and as someone studying at home without a law background, I went into it feeling quite confident and came out much the same - Thursday's results may deflate me but it won't be that Barbri didn't prepare me.

I agree that the exams were not perfect and I hope Kaplan and the SRA do listen to the feedback that you and others have given.
Reply 5
I don't think Barbri SQE2 will be good as the SQE2 is practical and you need face to face practice. I am going to do my prep with BPP.
I don't think Barbri SQE2 will be good as the SQE2 is practical and you need face to face practice. I am going to do my prep with BPP.

Hey @giggly12s. I hope you don’t mind me asking but where did you find the reviews for barbri. I’ve really struggled to find any. After a couple of reviews I was pretty set on enrolling with them but your thread has given me a bit of food for thought.
Reply 7
Original post by aspiringsol95
Hey @giggly12s. I hope you don’t mind me asking but where did you find the reviews for barbri. I’ve really struggled to find any. After a couple of reviews I was pretty set on enrolling with them but your thread has given me a bit of food for thought.

The comments on the Barbri article on LC. I have also spoken to some people who started Barbri a few weeks ago and said that SQE2 includes oral examinations and is practical assessment and you cannot really study for practical exams through an online Barbri course which is all pre-recorded and no live lectures or lessons.
Reply 8
I am going to jump in here and say I’m doing SQE2 with Barbri and whilst I agree with you Giggly that it is hard to study for it, I think this will be true of any provider. The Barbri course videos and materials have been useful to me and I now have a clear idea of the effort I will need to put in and the research which will help me be successful but it is impossible for them to do this for me as literally any scenario can arise. I rate Barbri highly though and am glad I chose them to study with. They’ve been in contact personally today during this farce and we feel like a family. I’m happy with them but I agree, SQE2 is a different ball game and no one can guarantee you a pass, you have to have the initiative to work it out.
The comments on the Barbri article on LC. I have also spoken to some people who started Barbri a few weeks ago and said that SQE2 includes oral examinations and is practical assessment and you cannot really study for practical exams through an online Barbri course which is all pre-recorded and no live lectures or lessons.

Do you have a link at all? I am struggling to find it. I do understand the concern regarding the SQE2 and Barbri being online. I suppose the benefit is you pay for SQE1&2 separately so you could choose to study elsewhere... are you not proceeding with Barbri then?
The point I am making is that because SQE2 is a practical assessment, I think it would be better to do a course with BPP or University of Law as they offer face to face lectures, workshops and the whole course is in person
The point I am making is that because SQE2 is a practical assessment, I think it would be better to do a course with BPP or University of Law as they offer face to face lectures, workshops and the whole course is in person

Totally get where you’re coming from. You’ve deffo given me some food for thought. What are your overall thoughts on barbri? I haven’t officially enrolled yet but am interested in peoples experiences with an all online course
Reply 12
Hello all

I am reading your comments and I'm getting concerned about Bar bri and SQE 2. If you have done SQE 2 prep with Bar bri, can you please share your feedback?
Can you please also share your feedback on University of law and QLTS/

Thanks
Reply 13
I did SQE1 and 2 with Barbri. Really highly rate them for SQE1 and I think they are on a par with other providers for SQE2. I think all providers struggle with SQE2 because it is really hard to prepare and revise for as the scope of scenarios is almost unlimited and this time no one knew what they were aiming for as there is no indicative pass mark yet.

Barbri materials are good and the lecturers are engaging.
Reply 14
Original post by Alenamai
I am about to start the SQE2 prep course with Barbri on 10th January for 12 weeks. Is anyone else signed up for this?

Hello I am doing SQE1 with Barbri but I have lost so many weeks because I cannot login to their online course videos. I have screen shot every login failure and repeatedly raised this with barbri (at evey level) who were dismissive to say the least. I am absolutely appalled with their lack of support. They also tell me that they used to put their study materials online but they do not do this any longer. Is anyone else having lobin problems? Please help if you can, thanks.
Reply 15
For those who have used Barbri for sqe 1 and 2, how did you find it ? I am planning to do it for sqe 1. I have completed the pgdl but not planning to take a formal course for the sqe2/lpc
Hi there,
I am starting with SQE 1. I am an LLM in international dispute resolution, but I do not hold the bachelor from English law school. I am wondering what course provider I should select? I am considering BPP, Uni of Law, and QLTS? Do you have any recommendations?
Many thanks.
Reply 17
I am going to jump in here and say I’m doing SQE2 with Barbri and whilst I agree with you Giggly that it is hard to study for it, I think this will be true of any provider. The Barbri course videos and materials have been useful to me and I now have a clear idea of the effort I will need to put in and the research which will help me be successful but it is impossible for them to do this for me as literally any scenario can arise. I rate Barbri highly though and am glad I chose them to study with. They’ve been in contact personally today during this farce and we feel like a family. I’m happy with them but I agree, SQE2 is a different ball game and no one can guarantee you a pass, you have to have the initiative to work it out.

Hi can I ask did you pass your SQE2 with Barbri, did you find the prep course wirh them helped you prepared enough for the practical exams. I'm thinking of using them too.

Hi, have you finished your SQE2 course with Barbri? I would appreciate if you could give me some feedback please? thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by LilijaNoland
Hi, have you finished your SQE2 course with Barbri? I would appreciate if you could give me some feedback please? thank you in advance :smile:

Hi, I have just finished my SQE2 20 week prep course with Barbri. I have to say, I have been very impressed with the materials, support and live workshop and tutor calls. I have sat my first two oral assessments today and felt confident and prepared. Barbri support you with live online in person support and you get to practice with a tutor your oral assessments and have feedback. There is lots of opportunity for feedback on work submitted to help you prepare. I would not hesitate to recommend Barbri for SQE 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending