The Student Room Group

SQE Providers - Barbri vs QLTS

Planning on starting my SQE courses very soon, just wanted to ask for some insight as to the pros and cons for the two providers.

From my research, the main differences I've seen are:
1. Barbri textbooks are straightforward and easier to digest
2. Barbri is more structured
3. QLTS mock questions are closer to the actual exams than Barbri

I work full time so I'll likely be studying 2 hours each weekday and then over the weekends. Based on the above and based on personal experience, which provider would people recommend?
Original post by chic_chi
Planning on starting my SQE courses very soon, just wanted to ask for some insight as to the pros and cons for the two providers.

From my research, the main differences I've seen are:
1. Barbri textbooks are straightforward and easier to digest
2. Barbri is more structured
3. QLTS mock questions are closer to the actual exams than Barbri

I work full time so I'll likely be studying 2 hours each weekday and then over the weekends. Based on the above and based on personal experience, which provider would people recommend?

QLTS has recently released new notes and concise textbooks. You can check their website for samples. People say that BARBRI covers around 80% of the syllabus which means you are at a deficit of around 35 questions before you even start the exam.
Reply 2
Original post by Dorrbell10090
QLTS has recently released new notes and concise textbooks. You can check their website for samples. People say that BARBRI covers around 80% of the syllabus which means you are at a deficit of around 35 questions before you even start the exam.

Do you have any experience with either of these providers? I've been scouring the internet for reviews but they seem repetitive and not helpful enough
You will find hundreds (if not more) of different opinions about each course providers. It really depends on your preferences. I suggest you carefully check their sample materials, videos (on their YouTube channels) and of course mock tests, and decide which one suits you better. QLTS also has an SQE LinkedIn Group of around 30,000 people here https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3094127/ so you can communicate with their former delegates and ask about their experiences. Good luck!
I worked part time. I am also thinking to start my SQE2 course at either Barbri or QLTS. I tried the questions of QLTS via you tube. I found its explanation for each question is clear and easy to understand. As a foreign lawyer, I want to have a better understanding of the local laws. I believe I could spend much time each day for preparing the exam. As the passing rate of Barbri is quite high.. I am hesitate to choose. Anyone can comment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending