The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Anyone who studies psychology at Glasgow uni, is it good?

Psychogy at Glasgow is ranked quite high and since I've been acceped I was thinking of going there. People studying psychology here, are you glad you chose Glasgow?
Will I be able to study a year abroad?
Original post by Lurajet
Psychogy at Glasgow is ranked quite high and since I've been acceped I was thinking of going there. People studying psychology here, are you glad you chose Glasgow?

Sorry I don’t have an answer for your original questions but how long did it take you between applying for the course and being accepted? I am twiddling my thumbs waiting for a response:frown:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
NO - they take too many people on the course and they trick you into studying three subjects to 'broaden' your knowledge. Then in third year they do a massive cull of all students who do not score high 2:1s and try and shove them onto 'Psychological studies' courses which are only 3 years with no BPS accreditation. If not, they then try and shove you on degrees such as anatomy. We spent most of second year having lectures via video feeds. No support whatsoever. Honestly terrible. Had to leave and start a different university from scratch so was 2 years behind everyone else.
Original post by acck8
NO - they take too many people on the course and they trick you into studying three subjects to 'broaden' your knowledge. Then in third year they do a massive cull of all students who do not score high 2:1s and try and shove them onto 'Psychological studies' courses which are only 3 years with no BPS accreditation. If not, they then try and shove you on degrees such as anatomy. We spent most of second year having lectures via video feeds. No support whatsoever. Honestly terrible. Had to leave and start a different university from scratch so was 2 years behind everyone else.

Which university did you move to?
Reply 4
Original post by acck8

So they try to get people to change to other courses if they don't get into honours? I am in my first year studying psychology but I'm thinking about changing
Reply 5
Original post by Lurajet

I'm also thinking of studying psychology, i'll be applying to uni in october and im wondering what grades you achieved in order to be accepted? I'm trying to work out if it's worth me applying if i'll even get in, thanks :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Lurajet

I would say it’s not. Glasgow university is more focused on image than experience. It’s very archaic in the teacher student relationship. You will get a better experience from a less known university, where student satisfaction is paramount. Remember, education is basically free nowadays; it’s the experience you are paying for. Hope this helps
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending