The Student Room Group

Business A-level in 5 weeks done no revision HELP

My business a-level first paper is in 5 weeks. I do Biology and Business a level. I’m planning to dedicate 2 weeks for biology and 3 weeks for business before my first business paper.
I’ve struggled with business throughout the 2 yrs and don’t know how to revise. Is 3 weeks sufficient time I just don’t want to fail it😥. I’ve been getting C’s in mocks.
Please help if you know a quick and effective way to revise for a level business.
I don't do business but I assume there's a fair bit of memorisation and application involved.
First off, do not waste time rewriting/writing notes. Can be a decent revision method but not when you're a bit pressed for time.
Use active recall - I use anki (free to download from the web onto your laptop/PC if you have one) and would never ever go back. It has an algorithm which spaces out your cards so you're not overwhelmed and only revisiting them when you need to. Absolutely brilliant, could happily never write another page of notes again with anki (also incredibly useful for biology with all that memorisation)
EXAM PAPERS!!!! Literally your best friend when revising, especially since I assume business is heavy on application. Familiarise yourself with the mark schemes - examiner reports can also help.
For case studies, talk yourself through them lots and as I said, make flash cards for the details.
Don't try cramming late at night or for massive periods of time. I like to use flow (app store) and set it to 30 minute study session, 5 minute break. Set the metronome on to essentially 'condition' yourself into focusing. Works an absolute charm. And remember sometimes less is more. Don't sit and try to revise all day, just set yourself a timer for somewhere between 25 - 45 minutes I would say and set yourself a manageable goal.
If there are concepts you need to get your head around, like the graphs I've seen, just do lots of questions which I guess will be in your textbook. Peer marking can help, sometimes you get a bit too stuck in your own head and an outside perspective helps.
A C really isn't that bad as a starting point. 5 weeks is quite a lot of pressure but it's manageable. Don't stress yourself out too much and if you find yourself in a rut, take a walk or move to a local library or something. Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Thanks why do you use anki over QUIZLET

Quick Reply

Latest