The Student Room Group

How possible is it to achieve like an A*AA in 4 months

I have my first A-level exam in roughly 4 months. I've never revised and never taken notes. In my AS mocks, I got a BED (B-Business, E-Economics, D-Maths). At the end of my year though, I was predicted an ABC. Fast-forward to A2, still having no work done. I've somehow managed to up my prediction to AAB, knowing that I'm not on that level. I know it seems a bit stupid and too aspirational but how possible can I achieve an A*AA, knowing by my current self, I'm at a level of BBC-BCD?

And if so, do you have any tips that can help me with learning more efficiently?

Thanks,
M
It's going to be rather difficult. In 2022 M/J I got BBC in a level, then retook 2023 and got a few grades higher. It's gonna be very difficult.

For learning more efficiently, use exam solutions and Isaac physics and past papers for maths. block all websites except necessary ones.

For business and Econ I highly suggest Hodder education, "how to get an A" books. they help
Reply 2
Original post by manzuu
I have my first A-level exam in roughly 4 months. I've never revised and never taken notes. In my AS mocks, I got a BED (B-Business, E-Economics, D-Maths). At the end of my year though, I was predicted an ABC. Fast-forward to A2, still having no work done. I've somehow managed to up my prediction to AAB, knowing that I'm not on that level. I know it seems a bit stupid and too aspirational but how possible can I achieve an A*AA, knowing by my current self, I'm at a level of BBC-BCD?

And if so, do you have any tips that can help me with learning more efficiently?

Thanks,
M

yh defo possible bro jus catchup to the content if u aint already caught up, then read ahead and do at least 3-4hrs a day outside of school on ur subjects, like 2hrs on maths and 1hr to business and econ. weekends, dedicate 2hrs again on maths but 2hrs on the rest aswell, which is 6hrs. if u jus be a bit disciplined for 5 months you'll be fine.

just rinse past papers for maths and exam questions.
for business and econ, use econplusdal and tutor2u, then do blurting and bangout past papers and ur gd
Reply 3
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=99026901

Look at the response I posted here, I was in a similar situation to you and ended up with AAA but you really need to put in the effort and make sure you’re revising effectively if you want to improve significantly 👍
Original post by manzuu

Thanks,
M

I went from Cs in maths to an A* (mock) in a month so it’s definitely possible (but please do NOT leave it down to a month, it’s stressful)
For maths just keep doing past paper questions, I use mathshelper.co.uk and go to the a level section (all questions are past exam papers included with answers)
I don’t recommend revision notes for maths, you just really have to do questions.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by manzuu

Thanks,
M

Hi @manzuu,

I recommend that you take a look at your specification points and work alongside them. Your specification tells you exactly what you need to know for your exam, nothing more and nothing less. I would recommend going through the specification in chronological order topic by topic. Perhaps you could attempt to cover one topic per day, per subject. Revise the content and try attempt topical past papers after you've revised. Doing entire past papers may be a bit overwhelming as you've mentioned that you did not make any notes, therefore topical questions should be a bit more manageable to do everyday.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest