The Student Room Group

3 Assignments due in in 14 days

So I have 1 assignment due in 7 days and another 2 in 14 days. The first 1 is 1500 words and the other 2 are 2500. Just looking for any tips on how I can finish these in time but still be efficient and effective. This is for a 2nd year International business bachelor of arts degree. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is definitely not me procrastinating lol
Study and write your essays/reports from 18:00 - 06:00 and sleep during 07:00 to 15:00 and repeat it for the 2 weeks. You won't get disturbed nor distracted by anything or anyone during the night and during the day you can sleep. Maybe 'live' in the library during the night too!!! :smile: lol
Hi @Thepr0digy you may find it helpful to request an extension on your assignments, to allow you more time to write the best essays you can. If you do apply for extensions, don't wait for them to get back to you to start though. You will need to be organised so you should create plans for all your essays, perhaps using bullet points listing how you are going to write the essay, what is going to go where etc. You should follow your learning outcome, don't waste time on anything that your learning outcome does not specify.

To help with efficient time management, make a plan for when to write your essay i.e. Day 1 - Complete introduction on all essays and find three helpful journals OR Day 1 : 9-11am work on essay one 1-3 work on essay two 5-7 work on essay three etc. Something along those lines, and make the plan for each day leading up to the deadline, giving yourself a few days leeway for checking over your assignment, finishing referencing, managing work count etc.

What you can do is as soon as you wake up just start writing or researching, do this for an hour or two, have a break, get some breakfast then start on again. Try to work in segments of 1-2 hours, that way you will be able to do more in your day than if say you did 4 hours straight and then were too tired to do any more for the rest of the day.

Going to the university library is also a good way to get a lot done. Other people working can motivate you to work and being in this environment can help you concentrate. You can even invite other people you know to the library if you find working with others helps you to do yours.

Another tip is that you can use the microphone button on the word document to translate speech to text can be a faster way of getting your information into your essay. This function often gets words wrong though and doesn't put in the correct punctuation, so make sure you go over it afterwards. You can also get a text to speech app on your phone for when you have thoughts of what to write in your assignment when you're out and about.

Best of luck on your assignments.

- Rosie
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
request an extension on your assignments, to allow you more time to write the best essays you can. If you do apply for extensions, don't wait for them to get back to you to start though. You will need to be organised so you should create plans for all your essays, perhaps using bullet points listing how you are going to write the essay, what is going to go where etc. You should follow your learning outcome, don't waste time on anything that your learning outcome does not specify.
Hi there,

So I would make a clear, and strict timetable that you MUST stick too. You could use the Pomodoro technique (google it) to make sure you are working efficiently by taking regular breaks - in this time you can 'procrastinate' in any way you usually do, and then get the work done in the other times!

Be sure to devote a good amount of time to all 3 assignments - it is better to say score 60 and 60, 60, than to score 35, 40 and 70...

I'm sure you can do it - good luck!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by Thepr0digy
So I have 1 assignment due in 7 days and another 2 in 14 days. The first 1 is 1500 words and the other 2 are 2500. Just looking for any tips on how I can finish these in time but still be efficient and effective. This is for a 2nd year International business bachelor of arts degree. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is definitely not me procrastinating lol

Hey!
I completely understand the pressure of having multiple assignments due around the same time. It's great that you're seeking tips to manage your workload and be efficient and effective in your approach. Here are some suggestions that might help:

Start with a plan: Make a schedule for each assignment, breaking them down into smaller, manageable tasks with specific deadlines. This will help you stay on track and ensure you don't miss any important deadlines.

Prioritize your tasks: Focus on the assignments that are due sooner, but also allocate enough time for the others. This will ensure that you have enough time to complete all the assignments without rushing through them.

Gather your resources: Start researching and gathering information for your assignments as early as possible. This will help you avoid last-minute panic and ensure that you have all the resources you need to complete your work.

Stay organized: Keep all your notes, research material, and drafts organized and easily accessible. This will help you avoid wasting time searching for important information.

Take breaks: Make sure to take regular breaks to rest and recharge. This will help you stay focused and avoid burnout.

Seek help when needed: If you're struggling with any aspect of your assignments, don't hesitate to reach out to your professor or academic advisor for guidance and support.

Remember, time management is key to success in university. By following these tips and staying focused, you'll be able to complete your assignments on time while still producing high-quality work. Good luck!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending