The Student Room Group

How to get into a routine? Dyspraxia

I was recently diagnosed with dyspraxia, and I've always struggled with routines. My degree will be starting next Monday and my university already has support arranged in place regarding coursework such as extra time on assignments, there's something that my lecturers will have on their system which is a blue marker which shows them not to focus too much on my SPAG in my assignments etc.

I feel anxious as I don't really have a routine and I'm worried that I could fail university I'm not sure if it's due to the dyspraxia but I easily lose concentration and in the past, I've been late on my assignments as I have easily lost concentration and haven't done them till the last minute.

I'm pretty scared so any advice/recommendations is much appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
I was recently diagnosed with dyspraxia, and I've always struggled with routines. My degree will be starting next Monday and my university already has support arranged in place regarding coursework such as extra time on assignments, there's something that my lecturers will have on their system which is a blue marker which shows them not to focus too much on my SPAG in my assignments etc.

I feel anxious as I don't really have a routine and I'm worried that I could fail university I'm not sure if it's due to the dyspraxia but I easily lose concentration and in the past, I've been late on my assignments as I have easily lost concentration and haven't done them till the last minute.

I'm pretty scared so any advice/recommendations is much appreciated.

Hi!
I have struggled with time management and getting into a routine and something I have found helpful is allocating myself 3 small ish tasks per day.
For example, one day my tasks might be: spend put away laundry, do two practice exam questions and write 200 words towards an essay.
This way I don't become too overwhelmed and can manage to get tasks done. I often say to myself, once these tasks are done I can do whatever I want with my day without feeling overwhelmed by an ever growing to do list.
With regards to a routine, I have made myself a short checklist of the basic things I need to do in the morning and at night and I check this off at the end of the day to make sure I got everything done. The list includes very basic things such as shower, brush teeth etc.

Hope this helps! Faye :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending