The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath school of management query

Does bath school of management have good career prospects after Msc international management? Is their career services as good as they claim it to be? And do big firms still visit their campus in 2021? Are they recognized by big firms?
Management is *big* at Bath and they wouldnt be spending all this money on it if it wasnt worthwhile - https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/were-building-something-big/ - and for undergrad degrees the Placements program is one of the best. Bath is part of the milk-round so yes, big firms recruit.

And, if you believe in these things, then look at the rankings etc - https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/school-of-management-rankings-and-accreditations/
(edited 2 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Ash160620
Does bath school of management have good career prospects after Msc international management? Is their career services as good as they claim it to be? And do big firms still visit their campus in 2021? Are they recognized by big firms?

Hello,

I am a final year Business student (undergraduate) at the University of Bath and would be happy to help answer parts of your question.

As part of my degree I have undertaken two 6-month placements- one in second year and one in third year. The placement team were exceptional on both occasions with helping source placements for us to apply to, helping with CVs and cover letters, and with offering support whilst on these placements. Similarly, the careers team contact me frequently now I am in my final year to offer support with graduate applications and to promote career opportunities that may be of interest to us. The careers and placement teams at Bath really go above and beyond for the students and I definitely feel far more confident about my career prospects knowing I have their support.

In terms of recognition from big firms, the Management school at Bath is most definitely viewed highly. For the 6-month placements alone we had multinational FMCGs offering students placements, consulting firms, top finance firms and many more. Lots of my friends and course mates now have graduate roles secured within some of these big firms. Many top companies recognise the Management courses at the University of Bath and want to employ graduates who have done these degrees.

I hope this helps answer parts of your question. Please feel free to ask anymore you may have.

Best of luck,
Kayley
Reply 3
Thank you for your answer! But could you tell me more about their postgraduate job prospects? If you have any knowledge about the Msc international management job prospects then it would be helpful. Also are the students clubs active?

Original post by University of Bath
Hello,

I am a final year Business student (undergraduate) at the University of Bath and would be happy to help answer parts of your question.

As part of my degree I have undertaken two 6-month placements- one in second year and one in third year. The placement team were exceptional on both occasions with helping source placements for us to apply to, helping with CVs and cover letters, and with offering support whilst on these placements. Similarly, the careers team contact me frequently now I am in my final year to offer support with graduate applications and to promote career opportunities that may be of interest to us. The careers and placement teams at Bath really go above and beyond for the students and I definitely feel far more confident about my career prospects knowing I have their support.

In terms of recognition from big firms, the Management school at Bath is most definitely viewed highly. For the 6-month placements alone we had multinational FMCGs offering students placements, consulting firms, top finance firms and many more. Lots of my friends and course mates now have graduate roles secured within some of these big firms. Many top companies recognise the Management courses at the University of Bath and want to employ graduates who have done these degrees.

I hope this helps answer parts of your question. Please feel free to ask anymore you may have.

Best of luck,
Kayley
hello everyone! when will the new school of management building be finished by
Original post by Anonymous2202197
hello everyone! when will the new school of management building be finished by

Hello,

Thank you for your question. The new School of Management Building is expected to open in time for the 2022/23 academic year.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
normally, how big is the class sizes in the school of management specifically for the business course? in other words, about how many people will they be making offers to for the course @University of Bath
Original post by Anonymous2202197
normally, how big is the class sizes in the school of management specifically for the business course? in other words, about how many people will they be making offers to for the course @University of Bath

Hello,

If you email the admissions team at [email protected] then they will be able to help you with this question.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck
Kayley
Final Year Business Student

Quick Reply

Latest