The Student Room Group

Exeter one Newcastle for business management

Hi, Ive been offered a place to study business at Newcastle and Exeter uni - both look amazing…no idea how to choose between the 2. Anyone any experience / advice for either to help me make an informed decision? Ive also got the option to study at the Falmouth campus of Exeter uni, which looks amazing but totally different to the other two? Any help???
Reply 1
Original post by Sez72
Hi, Ive been offered a place to study business at Newcastle and Exeter uni - both look amazing…no idea how to choose between the 2. Anyone any experience / advice for either to help me make an informed decision? Ive also got the option to study at the Falmouth campus of Exeter uni, which looks amazing but totally different to the other two? Any help???

You could look at how the individual unis teach? That way you can see what would more suit your learning style. Additionally check out how you would be assessed! :smile:
Very different uni experiences are being offered by these two unis, You really need to go to the Falmouth campus and experience what it's like and compare it to the Newcastle uni experience. My preference would be Newcastle since I feel the Falmouth campus is a little too quiet. Your call.
Reply 3
Fab ta - I hadn’t thought of checking how they assess (not sure why I didn’t!)

And yep, been to falmouth campus - and even tho small I was still impressed! And also with Exeter streatham and Newcastle!! That’s my problem - I loved them all 😂
Original post by Sez72
Fab ta - I hadn’t thought of checking how they assess (not sure why I didn’t!)

And yep, been to falmouth campus - and even tho small I was still impressed! And also with Exeter streatham and Newcastle!! That’s my problem - I loved them all 😂

Exete's main campus cannot be beaten - it's stunning. The range and choice of accommodation is impressive.
Reply 5
Original post by Sez72

if you don't mind me asking....what was your Exeter and Newcastle offer and your predicted. i applied and not heard back and haven't seen anyone post with an offer for this subject. You are the first i have spotted so i am assuming your predicted are wayyyyhigh! well done on the offers. Oh! and in asnwer to your question ....i also like both campuses Newcastle would be better for a city experience. It s a nice city. Exeter as you will know is campus based and you would want that to enjoy it. Falmouth is a super part of the world particularly if you like watersports/the sea etc I believe that Exeter have a great environmental science dept. in Falmouth too which you can opt for at Exeter if based at Falmouth. Something to think of given its a hot topic! Future career and all that 😁
Reply 6
Hi - hope you hear something soon. My predicted grades are AAA, Newcastle offered AAB and Exeter AAA! I really can’t decide which way to go tho - such different offerings from each option! No idea how I’ll choose! I do like the sound of the course at falmouth tho, with the sustainable business stuff? What are your predicted grades - hope you hear soon? Lots of my friends haven’t had offers yet, and all have good predicted grades?
Original post by Sez72

I’d definitely choose Exeter 100%! Beautiful campus, low crime city. Newcastle is grim and not a good city. High crime and deprivation.
Exeter is best!
Reply 8
Original post by Ambitious1999
I’d definitely choose Exeter 100%! Beautiful campus, low crime city. Newcastle is grim and not a good city. High crime and deprivation.
Exeter is best!

Newcastle is a beautiful city and very lovely people. Like every city there is a grim part. There is a superb set of enterprising companies (global) settled in Newcastle which makes it a super choice especially if you are considering placement
Original post by Sez72
Hi - hope you hear something soon. My predicted grades are AAA, Newcastle offered AAB and Exeter AAA! I really can’t decide which way to go tho - such different offerings from each option! No idea how I’ll choose! I do like the sound of the course at falmouth tho, with the sustainable business stuff? What are your predicted grades - hope you hear soon? Lots of my friends haven’t had offers yet, and all have good predicted grades?

Hey there - where did you end up choosing? How’s it going ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending