The Student Room Group

Help me pick a firm and insurance!

I’ve gotten offers from Surrey, Sussex, Aston and Leicester for Unis (for psychology).
And nottingham for sociology.
As much as i love notts i’m not too keen on sociology.
I really love the look of leicester and it seems like a bit of me social life wise, but is it good for psychology? Because i would like to progress into clinical psychology.
Surrey is great and i think it would be great for psych but it’s really close to home and i wanna leave. Also it doesn’t seem too great social life wise but maybe it’s cos i live nearby i think that.
Aston seems fun, not loving the campus and birmingham. no offence, just not a personal preference.
Sussex is great and gave me the best offer, they said that i can get from CCC to ABB so i’m rlly lucky for that. It seems like a good uni for psych and it’s quite pretty. However apparently it’s in the middle of no where and i love cities. And it’s near brighton but i would have to travel like an hour to go to town or the beach. So a bit put off sussex.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by xmili
Sussex is great and gave me the best offer, they said that i can get from CCC to ABB so i’m rlly lucky for that.

What do you mean? So if you get AAB then they reject you?
Original post by xmili
I’ve gotten offers from Surrey, Sussex, Aston and Leicester for Unis (for psychology).
I really love the look of leicester and it seems like a bit of me social life wise, but is it good for psychology? Because i would like to progress into clinical psychology.
Surrey is great and i think it would be great for psych but it’s really close to home and i wanna leave. Also it doesn’t seem too great social life wise but maybe it’s cos i live nearby i think that.
Aston seems fun, not loving the campus and birmingham. no offence, just not a personal preference.
Sussex is great and gave me the best offer, they said that i can get from CCC to ABB so i’m rlly lucky for that. It seems like a good uni for psych and it’s quite pretty. However apparently it’s in the middle of no where and i love cities. And it’s near brighton but i would have to travel like an hour to go to town or the beach. So a bit put off sussex.

firm surrey, insurance Leicester
Original post by xmili

Hi there,

To introduce myself I'm Joao. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

I can understand your dilemma as I went through the same thing when deciding on a university to attend. It's great that you already know the fields you're interested in, as that narrows it down quite a bit. It helped me decide what cities I wanted to attend university in. I found that the university itself does not just determine university experience and performance, but the surrounding area as that is a 3-4yr commitment. It might also be helpful for you to work up a 'priority list' for your dream university, including factors such as tuition fees, the cost of living, ranking, distance from home, campus-style, proximity to a city centre, surrounding area, diversity, job prospects, networking opportunities, course modules, student-staff ratio, etc.

Here are some valuable links to compare university degrees:

- https://universitycompare.com/
- https://www.whatuni.com/
- https://discoveruni.gov.uk/

And once you've narrowed it down and utilized tools such as UCAS, you can always head over to the specific university websites and look over the course outline and modules as well as the learning, teaching and assessment information to see what best suits you.

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, then please ask as I am here to help you out. :smile:

Joao
Economics
I'm currently studying psychology at Sussex, and I honestly love the department. All the staff are so friendly and open to discussion, and during lockdown and online teaching I really felt they went above and beyond, like they really care about students doing well. Also in regards to being in the middle of nowhere I wouldn't say that's true, the bus to get into Brighton takes maybe 20 mins, and there's always the train which is even faster. Plus the campus is surrounded by hills great for walking/hiking so you basically get the best of both worlds (green/nature AND a nice city)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending