The Student Room Group

Offers from universities

Could someone please explain this to me?

" If your offers are conditional on exam results or other requirements, you can pick two so you have an extra one as a back-up."
hey! so if they give you a conditional offer, you can choose one uni as your firm(the uni you really really wanna get into) and another one as an insurance uni, its because your offer is a conditional offer, so in the case that you are unable to meet the conditions of the offer, lets say the required grades, you would have something to fall back on, which would be your insurance uni. Usually, the offer requirements of your insurance uni, would be lower than your firm uni, so that in case you don’t get into your firm university, you can get into the other one. Hope this helps! wishing you the best xx
Reply 2
T

Original post by _itstomz_
hey! so if they give you a conditional offer, you can choose one uni as your firm(the uni you really really wanna get into) and another one as an insurance uni, its because your offer is a conditional offer, so in the case that you are unable to meet the conditions of the offer, lets say the required grades, you would have something to fall back on, which would be your insurance uni. Usually, the offer requirements of your insurance uni, would be lower than your firm uni, so that in case you don’t get into your firm university, you can get into the other one. Hope this helps! wishing you the best xx

Thank you so much!!!! This really helped, I didn't know I was able to do that because I'm an international student.
Reply 3
Original post by _itstomz_

Also, do you know how I tell a university I accept their offer and how I tell another one my insurance choice? And when am i supposed to do it?
Original post by obehi1255
Also, do you know how I tell a university I accept their offer and how I tell another one my insurance choice? And when am i supposed to do it?

When all your universities have processed your application and replied to you, you can make your choices via the UCAS Hub portal. There will be a deadline date in there for you to make your choices.
Reply 5
Oh, thank you very much. I understand now!
T

Thank you so much!!!! This really helped, I didn't know I was able to do that because I'm an international student.

Im an international student too! Feel free to ask me anything you need or if you’d like to connect :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Could someone please explain this to me?

" If your offers are conditional on exam results or other requirements, you can pick two so you have an extra one as a back-up."

Yes
For some context i have 5 subjects
portuguese which i sat in year 1 of a levels and had an A*
French which i am sitting this year
Business which i am sitting this year
Psychology which i am sitting this year
Math which i am sitting this year
And i am sitting portuguese again as my top choice said they want my a levels in the same sitting (but this offer is not from them)

the letter they said says :
“GCE Advanced Level
Grades AAA*

including
Grade A* in any 1 of
pyschology
business

or

Alternative conditions

GCE Advanced level
Grades AAA

Including
Psychology
Business

and
A is extended project

my question is does this mean that for my first condition i just need an A* in either psycho or business and my A can be a language ?

and for the second condition does it mean i need A in psychology and A in business and the third A is my extend project or can it be one of my languages (provided i do get A in my extend project) ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending