The Student Room Group

which uni do i pick?

hey

i'm planning to do politics & international relations this year.

i have 3 to pick from (got accepted by 4 but just don't like the last one anymore) being uni of york, uni of Nottingham (not trent) and queen mary. any advice from anyone who has been to these unis? what they're like? socially wise and uni work wise?

thank you :smile:
‘Not Trent’ hahahahahaha

I dunno if that’s a reference to the tiktok or not. I think it would be funnier if it wasn’t tbh
Reply 2
Original post by LawStudent456
‘Not Trent’ hahahahahaha

I dunno if that’s a reference to the tiktok or not. I think it would be funnier if it wasn’t tbh

i am referencing haha
How to Choose Firm and Insurance - https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/the-smart-way-to-choosing-your-first-and-insurance-choices

Remember that once you have entered your choices on UCAS you cannot change your mind - so wait until Easter before you do this as there is no advantage with 'choosing early'.
Original post by Izzy566
hey

i'm planning to do politics & international relations this year.

i have 3 to pick from (got accepted by 4 but just don't like the last one anymore) being uni of york, uni of Nottingham (not trent) and queen mary. any advice from anyone who has been to these unis? what they're like? socially wise and uni work wise?

thank you :smile:

Queen Mary should be way bottom of that list! Doesn’t compare to York or Nottingham in terms of refutation.

I’d say Nottingham > York > Queen Mary
Reply 5
Nottingham and York are pretty good
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
How to Choose Firm and Insurance - https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/the-smart-way-to-choosing-your-first-and-insurance-choices

Remember that once you have entered your choices on UCAS you cannot change your mind - so wait until Easter before you do this as there is no advantage with 'choosing early'.

thank you for the link & advice - of course, I am only considering my choices as of now just so i don't pick without thinking it through properly.
Reply 7
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Queen Mary should be way bottom of that list! Doesn’t compare to York or Nottingham in terms of refutation.

I’d say Nottingham > York > Queen Mary

haha what do i need to know about QM? didn't get a chance to see the in's and out's of the uni during the campus tour bc of covid so couldn't really base an opinion. Am visiting York this month though, also what makes Notts come before York would you say?
Reply 8
Original post by brjf
Nottingham and York are pretty good

any tips if i do end up going to either of them?
Reply 9
Original post by Izzy566
any tips if i do end up going to either of them?

Where did you end up going and how is it going so far. I really would like to know as I am also considering on applying to QM for IR this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending