The Student Room Group

Will dropping my a level cause a problem?

I do Media studies, English Language and Law.
I didnt pick law, I was told to do it and now I barely have time to study for media or english. Law always takes up time and I don't even get the marks I studied for. For my mock, I got a U. Apparently I even misread the question or I would've passed but I just don't think its for me and I'm scared that if I drop it and pick up another a level, I won't get into university. What should I do? Should I like make a revision plan etc, follow it and keep going back and forth or should I drop it? because the thing is, if i drop it and pick up another subject, it's only half an a level I will get which might not be enough for what I pick at university. What should I do?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by onlyjen.
I do Media studies, English Language and Law.
I didnt pick law, I was told to do it and now I barely have time to study for media or english. Law always takes up time and I don't even get the marks I studied for. For my mock, I got a U. Apparently I even misread the question or I would've passed but I just don't think its for me and I'm scared that if I drop it and pick up another a level, I won't get into university. What should I do? Should I like make a revision plan etc, follow it and keep going back and forth or should I drop it? because the thing is, if i drop it and pick up another subject, it's only half an a level I will get which might not be enough for what I pick at university. What should I do?

What kind of uni do you want to go to? Also your college does AS levels?

Some unis NEED 3 A Levels but some will take you with 2 and a half. I'd recommend emailing unis you wanna go to and see what their admissions team says. If you can't find a uni that will take you then keep law but focus on your other subjects and try to get at least a C in law as you can get into a mediocre uni with a C. Realistically if you want to get into a good (competitive) university you should either work really hard to get at least Bs in all 3 subjects or restart first year sixth form with subjects you actually enjoy and succeed at.
Reply 2
Thank you for the information! Yes, my college does AS levels and I've decided to keep law and work my way up because, if I drop law and pick up an AS level, I will have to work way harder and it's only 40% of an A-Level.

Quick Reply

Latest