The Student Room Group

what a level should i pick as my third subject?

I am currently going to pick chemistry and biology but what subject should i pick for the third btw i wanna beocme a pharmacist and study at the uni of manchester and meet the crteria by getting in and also hate maths so not picking it there are 3 subjects thats in my head rn which are COMPUTER SCIENCE,BUSINESS STUDIES AND PSYCHOLOGY which should i pick if wanna meet the manchester criteria of mpharm (pharmacy) but i am scared if dont get in and got a lot of career opportunities aswell as pharmacist,software engineering,accounting and investment banking and their all related to the 3 subjects that wanna pick for my third subject so which should i pick now do WHICH WILL GET ME INTO UOM GUAANTEED AND BETTER CHANCE BTW not gonna pick business now is either PSYCHOLOGY OR CS which will get me in because i have 3 options studying at uom pharmacy my number 1 and number 2 studying cs at nottingham and number 3 software engineering at manchester metroplian uni ive chosen which a level would get me in my number 1 which is the one targetting aiming for at uom mpharm?
Reply 1
Original post by aryc_30
I am currently going to pick chemistry and biology but what subject should i pick for the third btw i wanna beocme a pharmacist and study at the uni of manchester and meet the crteria by getting in and also hate maths so not picking it there are 3 subjects thats in my head rn which are COMPUTER SCIENCE,BUSINESS STUDIES AND PSYCHOLOGY which should i pick if wanna meet the manchester criteria of mpharm (pharmacy) but i am scared if dont get in and got a lot of career opportunities aswell as pharmacist,software engineering,accounting and investment banking and their all related to the 3 subjects that wanna pick for my third subject so which should i pick now do WHICH WILL GET ME INTO UOM GUAANTEED AND BETTER CHANCE BTW not gonna pick business now is either PSYCHOLOGY OR CS which will get me in because i have 3 options studying at uom pharmacy my number 1 and number 2 studying cs at nottingham and number 3 software engineering at manchester metroplian uni ive chosen which a level would get me in my number 1 which is the one targetting aiming for at uom mpharm?

I'd say psychology is better if youre going only for pharmacy because it has that science element to it but, if you want to keep your options as open as possible in case you possibly change your mind or dont get in, I would definitely pick computer science so you can keep your options as open as possible. Both subjects show great intelligence anyways :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Would I get in mpharm even if I pick any third subject like psychology or cs with my bio and chem???

Original post by lucymant
I'd say psychology is better if youre going only for pharmacy because it has that science element to it but, if you want to keep your options as open as possible in case you possibly change your mind or dont get in, I would definitely pick computer science so you can keep your options as open as possible. Both subjects show great intelligence anyways :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by aryc_30
Would I get in mpharm even if I pick any third subject like psychology or cs with my bio and chem???

yes! It just has to be a very academic subject (e.g. psych or cs)
Here are the directly quoted subject requirements:

"We require grades ABB-AAB. This must include Chemistry, either Mathematics or Biology, and one further rigorous academic subject (we do not accept General Studies or Critical Thinking). You are required to obtain a pass in the practical element of any science A-level taken"
Reply 4
So I would get in if pick Chem and bio and either psychology or cs whichever I pick I would still get in basically your saying that’s nice btw which do you recommend me picking???

Original post by lucymant
yes! It just has to be a very academic subject (e.g. psych or cs)
Here are the directly quoted subject requirements:

"We require grades ABB-AAB. This must include Chemistry, either Mathematics or Biology, and one further rigorous academic subject (we do not accept General Studies or Critical Thinking). You are required to obtain a pass in the practical element of any science A-level taken"
Reply 5
Original post by aryc_30
So I would get in if pick Chem and bio and either psychology or cs whichever I pick I would still get in basically your saying that’s nice btw which do you recommend me picking???

yes exactly!! If you're absolutely sure that you want to do pharmacy, the science aspect of psychology would be more useful to you. However, if you still want to keep your options open, pick computer science.

Quick Reply

Latest