The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Transfer to UoB

Im currently doing BSc Economics at University of Manchester and was hoping to transfer to UoB for my second year. Has anyone does this for any other programmes?
Original post by Anonymous
Im currently doing BSc Economics at University of Manchester and was hoping to transfer to UoB for my second year. Has anyone does this for any other programmes?

Hi!

Transfers into UoB are considered on a case by case basis, not every course will accept transfers.

Generally we look for the following requirements to be met:

Your previous qualifications meet our first year entry requirements for the programme e.g. AAB

The modules you have studied at your current University are compatible with our own first year modules

You have a good level of attainment on your current programme

All programme transfers are at the discretion of the admissions tutor so the best thing to do would be to contact the admissions team for our Economics programme as soon as possible. You can find their contact details on the bottom of this page.

I hope this helps! - Molly :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by cakeofmilk
Hi, if the first year subject and grade requirements aren't met, is that a definite no for transferring? i.e from a foundation year to the first year of your course

Hi! Can I just double check what you mean. Are you doing a foundation course currently, and is it with UoB or another provider?

- Molly :smile:
yes a foundation year and its with a different university, if I am to transfer and dont meet the grade or subject requirements for your university, is it a definite no :smile: hope that makes sense

If you're doing a foundation year then it may be possible to consider you :smile: The best thing to do would be to contact the admissions team for your chosen course directly, they can advise. - Molly
thanks a lot for your reply and time

No problem, best of luck! :smile: - Molly

Hey, did you manage to make this happen?
Reply 6

May i know the problems with UoM? I am choosing between Man and Bristol as my insurance and your feedback will help a lot! Thx!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending