The Student Room Group

Foundation year at Medway

Hello I done my foundation year at Medway school of pharmacy , I have fortunately passed as was wondering if I could transfer into year one of UoB
Original post by Psychouzii
Hello I done my foundation year at Medway school of pharmacy , I have fortunately passed as was wondering if I could transfer into year one of UoB

On their website they said they consider it case-by-case. Correct me if I’m wrong but if you were to transfer to another uni after foundation year, werent you meant to apply via ucas like the year 13s?
Reply 2
Original post by Chisjsgeusiaibdv
On their website they said they consider it case-by-case. Correct me if I’m wrong but if you were to transfer to another uni after foundation year, werent you meant to apply via ucas like the year 13s?

I’m 22 and I applied via ucas for the foundation year at Medway for mPharm. I’ve passed my foundation year and was wondering how to transfer into year one mPharm. Will I need to apply via ucas to get a transfer ?
(edited 2 years ago)
I’m 22 and I applied via ucas for the foundation year at Medway for mPharm. I’ve passed my foundation year and was wondering how to transfer into year one mPharm. Will I need to apply via ucas to get a transfer ?

For quite a few of the foundation year students, they had to apply via ucas to transfer (not for pharmacy though) so I’m not sure if it’s the same for your desired uni. You should contact them and let them know of your grade for FY and ask if they would take you in.

Generally I think one would apply via ucas because the foundation year doesn’t have an actual title since it’s part of a 4/5 year degree for that specific uni yk? But since it’s pharmacy, this may differ. So contact the desired uni’s undergrad admissions team. They’ll want your transcript for the FY.
Reply 4

Hi, was your foundation year hard. Because i’m not very good at chemistry however i want to do pharmacy, i was wandering how the chemistry in the foundation year is.
Original post by anjieeee
Hi, was your foundation year hard. Because i’m not very good at chemistry however i want to do pharmacy, i was wandering how the chemistry in the foundation year is.

There is a whole section of the syllabus in the pharmacy degree called 'pharmaceutical chemistry' and is an awful lot of organic chemistry. If you didn't do A level chemistry or you got below a B, or you dislike chemistry, then you may struggle.
Reply 6
Original post by anjieeee

hi I'm currently doing a foundation year (at Kingston) without doing level chemistry previously. The chemistry isn't difficult however because its a foundation year they don't really teach you more so guide you through the content. However because the module mark isn't dependent on just exams you are able to balance it out. If you're able to learn to love chemistry then you should continue
Reply 7
hi can I ask you why you wish to leave medway as I was considering to start there in September. Im on my foundation year now and I've messaged a few unis and they said that we will have to apply via UCAS but they do accept foundation years. Obviously its different for every uni because some ask for 75% average module grade so you will need to email them.
Reply 8
Original post by ayseooz
hi can I ask you why you wish to leave medway as I was considering to start there in September. Im on my foundation year now and I've messaged a few unis and they said that we will have to apply via UCAS but they do accept foundation years. Obviously its different for every uni because some ask for 75% average module grade so you will need to email them.

hey which unis said they would accept also did they have a-level grade requirements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending