The Student Room Group

Moving from Wales to England mid-course

Hi,

I'm a mature student (independent) and my permanent home address has been in Wales for the past couple of years. I started the first year of my bachelors in October so have been receiving my loans from SFW, as well as the Welsh Government Learning Grant. However, I am moving to England next month and will be continuing my course from there (this will be my new permanent address, not just term time).

Will my funding now transfer to SFE for the rest of the year or will it continue to be provided by SFW?

If the former, will I need to do anything or will I be moved to SFE automatically when I change my address?

If the latter, will it then move to SFE from the next academic year (this September)?

I'm also wondering what will happen re the Welsh Government Learning Grant, just so that I can think about budgeting.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by hana.s.g
Hi,

I'm a mature student (independent) and my permanent home address has been in Wales for the past couple of years. I started the first year of my bachelors in October so have been receiving my loans from SFW, as well as the Welsh Government Learning Grant. However, I am moving to England next month and will be continuing my course from there (this will be my new permanent address, not just term time).

Will my funding now transfer to SFE for the rest of the year or will it continue to be provided by SFW?

If the former, will I need to do anything or will I be moved to SFE automatically when I change my address?

If the latter, will it then move to SFE from the next academic year (this September)?

I'm also wondering what will happen re the Welsh Government Learning Grant, just so that I can think about budgeting.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Not actually too sure what happens here, the website seems to imply that this will change the amount your eligible to: https://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/undergraduate-finance/full-time/welsh-student/changes-to-your-information-or-circumstances/

I'd advise contacting them via telephone and asking, you'll probably find your answer quicker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending