The Student Room Group

Advice for a mature prospective Access student

Hey all!
I hope I'm in the right place to gather some information.
I am trying to find some advice in regards to my student loan funding.
I am 29, and have been out of education for over 10 years, with my highest qualification being a vocational diploma in professional cookery.
I moved to Wales on August 20 2023, with no original intent on going to university. But with the support of my family and a flexible job, I've decided to work towards finishing my formal education. I applied for student finance Wales to fund my Pathway to social sciences.
During my move there was a few weeks where I was between my home in Birmingham and my new home in South Wales, and as such I did not get any formal change of address documents until AFTER the start date of 1st of September for the course, it might be relative that I am starting the course 1 term late in January, with the intention of Rene rolling in September 2024 to finish the first module before moving on to the full degree.

My question is, will SFW accept my employment document dated before the start date of the course with my address and personal details?
I only have 26 days before my first lecture and am really struggling to gather the right information from both SFW and SFE.

Would it beneficial to collapse my application to SFW and create one for SFE as I have proof of residency in England before the start date of the course, or is there an alternative I can prove my residency ?

Thank you
Reply 1
I'm not that au fait with SFW, I think in your specific circumstance it would be better to give them a ring and explain your situation.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending