The Student Room Group

English to Welsh finance change

Hello.

I’m an English student studying at a university in wales. I am estranged and my finance was assessed independently as I have no home or family now in England.

I intend to change my course but continue to live in wales and I wish to change from student finance England to student finance Wales as I will be changing to a whole new course. As far as I know I now fill the requirements as I will be living in wales from the start of the year.

Lil weird I know

Thanks for reading
Original post by Egeddion
Hello.

I’m an English student studying at a university in wales. I am estranged and my finance was assessed independently as I have no home or family now in England.

I intend to change my course but continue to live in wales and I wish to change from student finance England to student finance Wales as I will be changing to a whole new course. As far as I know I now fill the requirements as I will be living in wales from the start of the year.

Lil weird I know

Thanks for reading

Hi there,

Have you checked with SFW if you meet the eligibility with them?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Have you checked with SFW if you meet the eligibility with them?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi,

SFW told me I would be eligible for finance with them as long as it’s a new course. I’m just unsure now whether I need to ask SFE to cancel my finance at the end of the year so I can reapply with SFW or whether i ask for it to be moved over to SFW. It’s confusing
Original post by Egeddion
Hi,

SFW told me I would be eligible for finance with them as long as it’s a new course. I’m just unsure now whether I need to ask SFE to cancel my finance at the end of the year so I can reapply with SFW or whether i ask for it to be moved over to SFW. It’s confusing

Hi there,

You will need to speak to Student Finance Wales as I think you may need to complete a paper application and then they can request for a Transfer of Ownership to change you from Student Finance England to Student Finance Wales.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending