The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 1: Advanced Physics I 9PH0 01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Week3nd
Damn i got 0.2. Where did u have to draw the tangent

You had to draw when the graph was the steepest
That diode question 😭
What did you all say about the LINAC one??? I can’t see how it was a 6 mark question. I only made 3 points (1. Alternating pd/E field, 2. Velocity increasing with fixed frequency 3. Drift tube length increasing). What is the rest!!??
I found it pretty decent. there were some hard ones that I think some people wouldn't get such as the tennis ball one. the multiple choice was surprisingly difficult honestly, much worse than previous years and also the advanced info was useful.
(edited 1 year ago)
It was 4 marks - so think u can get at least 2 for saying which direction the current goes with each cycle of pd. but not sure what the other 2 should’ve been!????
Original post by chorovi
That diode question 😭
Original post by abdul 580
What did you guys get for the energy level in eV for the particles question on spectrums

Was that on Edexcel Paper 1? Cause I didn’t have it 😭
How was the tennis ball question for you guys? I was stressing for a while but I think I’ve gotten it or at least most of the marks.
Original post by BlackAnaconda
How was the tennis ball question for you guys? I was stressing for a while but I think I’ve gotten it or at least most of the marks.

I used the equation for centripetal force and weight of the ball to set up a simultaneous equation with socatoa, something like Centripetal force x cos(theta) = weight. Then the masses cancel out so you don’t need that and you should just get the cos(theta) = g divided by V^2/r. From there I just used inverse cos to get theta. Anyone did a similar thing to me?
bro that was so hard
Original post by avag2003
bro that was so hard

Yeah I skipped it at first and I was so worried I was planning my retaking options during the exam😂 but then at the end I came back to it and had a breakthrough .
What did you put for the one where you had to sketch the line on the VT graph. I just put a negative line (ie downward sloping) - with constant acceleration...?
Original post by BlackAnaconda
I used the equation for centripetal force and weight of the ball to set up a simultaneous equation with socatoa, something like Centripetal force x cos(theta) = weight. Then the masses cancel out so you don’t need that and you should just get the cos(theta) = g divided by V^2/r. From there I just used inverse cos to get theta. Anyone did a similar thing to me?

measured angle was 53 and calculated one was 51 right?
I measured 51 and calculated 50.8
I failed this exam. I will need paper 2 and 3 go save me. Or hope I get enough marks from calculations and e.c.f
All these answers given are stressing me out!
Original post by rowandxn
measured angle was 53 and calculated one was 51 right?

I measured 52 and got 50.8 for angle so pretty similar I think :smile:
Original post by CassieOOL
What did you all say about the LINAC one??? I can’t see how it was a 6 mark question. I only made 3 points (1. Alternating pd/E field, 2. Velocity increasing with fixed frequency 3. Drift tube length increasing). What is the rest!!??

fixed frequency matches current frequency, E= v/d, charge switches to pull electron in/ push out.
they're the other ones i got not sure if they will all be marks
Reply 36
What did u do for the capacitance question I was so confused
literally
Original post by Failure2022
I failed this exam. I will need paper 2 and 3 go save me. Or hope I get enough marks from calculations and e.c.f
All these answers given are stressing me out!
Original post by Haland
What did u do for the capacitance question I was so confused

I was a bit confused as well but I just picked 2 points on the graph and then used the exponential equations and rearranged for RC. Not sure how else you would do it tho, I had no clue what to put for part A tho.
Reply 39
What was part A
Original post by Emily~3695
I was a bit confused as well but I just picked 2 points on the graph and then used the exponential equations and rearranged for RC. Not sure how else you would do it tho, I had no clue what to put for part A tho.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending