The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 1: Advanced Physics I 9PH0 01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

The bit about explaining how the diode thing worked it wasn’t to do with the capacitor part tho it was just the first part of the question.
Original post by Haland
What was part A
Reply 41
That was such a bad question I just said how diode conducts only in positive p.d so pd would not be alternating

Original post by Emily~3695
The bit about explaining how the diode thing worked it wasn’t to do with the capacitor part tho it was just the first part of the question.
Original post by studentLuna
Random question : how much did they stick to the advanced info? Just trying to get an idea for my biology Edexcel exam.

For the most part they stuck to it, the didn't cover ALL of the advanced info, there was some stuff missing. Although I can think of one question that was outside of what of the advanced info.
Reply 43
Did u guys do the power question at the start
Reply 44
wait everyone’s saying they got 50.8 how did u guys get that i got something rlly small 😭 i ended up doing tantheta= v^2/r / g no?
Original post by bleepo
wait everyone’s saying they got 50.8 how did u guys get that i got something rlly small 😭 i ended up doing tantheta= v^2/r / g no?

circular motion acceleration * mass is equal to the horizontal component of tension. you can then work out vertical component in terms of theta and mass and equal it to mg. masses cancel and solve for theta
Original post by bleepo

its tan(theta)=v^2/gr
Reply 47
Original post by bleepo

I got tan as well
Original post by bleepo

I did tan theta is v^2/(rg) was your calculator in radians that might have been why you got a rly small answer
Reply 49
Original post by bleepo

If you completed in radians, you might have got the same answer but in decimals. I did it and got like 0.6.. rads?
Reply 50
Original post by rowandxn
circular motion acceleration * mass is equal to the horizontal component of tension. you can then work out vertical component in terms of theta and mass and equal it to mg. masses cancel and solve for theta

Original post by irradiatedbatty
its tan(theta)=v^2/gr

yeah that’s the same thing as what i wrote
Original post by bleepo

must be radians then 😭
Original post by RRAAAnn
literally

I am doomed
Reply 53

wait so did you do Tcostheta = msg and Tsintheta = mv^2/r and then do you not divide by each other to get Tan? bc that’s what i did. and i don’t get 50.8 and also were you meant to measure from the picture cos it didn’t even say it was meant to scale 😭
Reply 54
must be radians then 😭

No i specifically converted back to degrees! Maybe i just typed into the calculator wrong or something ffs. So I got the answer wrong and also didn’t measure from the picture I just stated that it’s less than the picture- which would be true if i did measure from the picture. How many marks do you guys think I could get from this then
Original post by bleepo
wait so did you do Tcostheta = msg and Tsintheta = mv^2/r and then do you not divide by each other to get Tan? bc that’s what i did. and i don’t get 50.8 and also were you meant to measure from the picture cos it didn’t even say it was meant to scale 😭

R0.Dogg#4455
Original post by bleepo

The angle was significantly smaller than the diagram was intending right?
How does everyone think the grade boundary's will vary compared to the 69% A* in 2019 and 2018
Original post by The_million
What did people get for the last question where you had to draw a tangent

0.697 or something
Reply 59
Original post by HatesGeography
The angle was significantly smaller than the diagram was intending right?

yeah for me it was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending