The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Physics Paper 3 (Higher tier) J249/03 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR GCSE Physics Paper 3 (Higher tier) J249/03 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June PM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:"
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How did people find the exam? Hope it went well :smile:
went well you know the question on potential difference with a resistor and a switch I got 3 volts for both of them did anyone else get the same answer or something else?
(edited 1 year ago)
I thought it was almost too easy ngl only one or two questions confused me but we shall see with the results 😉
Original post by currymuncher69
went well you know the question on potential difference with a resistor and a switch I got 3 volts for both of them did anyone else get the same answer or something else?

Ooooo wait I got that but I was unsure if that was correct
same my friends said they got 3v and 1.5v
Original post by Elle6363
Ooooo wait I got that but I was unsure if that was correct
what about the mcq on velocity time graphs I put the curvy one I think it was d
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by currymuncher69
what about the mcq on velocity time graphs I put the curvy one I think it was d

Hmm is that the one with the biggest displacement , I put the two squares because I tried to calculate the area under the graphs for each
i put 6 and 3 volts so probably wrong, everyone get 50 for the 5 marker on spring constant, extension and force
Noo?? I got 2.8 but I didn't really have a clue how to do it so I could very well be wrong i think I did the gradient of the graph and then divided that by 0.8 I was just happy I got a whole number😭
Reply 10
Original post by IdrisMoualdi
i put 6 and 3 volts so probably wrong, everyone get 50 for the 5 marker on spring constant, extension and force

yeah the 5 marker was 50. Many people didnt convert it into metres so few go that question wrong
Original post by A$AP--
yeah the 5 marker was 50. Many people didnt convert it into metres so few go that question wrong

thats good the 6 marker was so good what did u put?
Reply 12
I think it was A
Reply 13
Original post by Elle6363
Hmm is that the one with the biggest displacement , I put the two squares because I tried to calculate the area under the graphs for each

I thought it was A(the one with the square and triangle on top) it couldn't be any of them with one above and below as the displacement in both directions would have cancelled out
Reply 14
Original post by A$AP--

i got this too but this woulndt obey hookes law so idk
Reply 15
Original post by IdrisMoualdi
thats good the 6 marker was so good what did u put?

yh the 6 marker was really good. I put A
Original post by apodo
I thought it was A(the one with the square and triangle on top) it couldn't be any of them with one above and below as the displacement in both directions would have cancelled out

Ohhh that does make sense
Found this paper more challenging than bio and chem, I hated the circuit questions, what happens to current and potential difference? And I got 3 and 3 V I think that's wrong though
damn I put 3v and 3v usually physics is harder in paper 1 at least
Original post by flora and fauna
Found this paper more challenging than bio and chem, I hated the circuit questions, what happens to current and potential difference? And I got 3 and 3 V I think that's wrong though
I got 1.2A, 6V and 3V and I think I seem right. At first when I glanced at that question I thought immediately that I wasn’t able to do that, but eventually I realised that this was a series circuit so I was able to do it. I put 6V because as the switch was open I thought there was no current flowing through the lamp, so I assumed that the pd for resistor equals to pd for the battery.

For the current question, I said that the current would half when the switch closes because the current flows around the whole circuit including 10 ohms instead of 5 ohms, so I would have to do 6 /10 which is 0.6 amps if switch was closed, and for the p.d of the resistor I said that it also halves because the total resistance doubles once the switch closes meaning there’s current in the lamp, and both have equal resistance, so must have equal pd. I assumed that pd of resistor = 3V and pd of lamp = 3V after the switch was closed. I think I seem right but maybe I might miss something out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending