The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Physics Paper 4 (Higher tier) J249/04 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SnowyPanda
You know for the sound question, did the question ask how frequency affects the wavelength, or how waveliength affects frequency, cos I hate myself rn as I mightve misread that part. So far, I lost 4 marks for misreading the question, but still, hopefully a 9 if things go well

hey i honestly don't remember, don't stress about it you will still get a 9!!
also for the radioactivity one the one marker what did you get for the charge and mass
and how about that table that was 2 marks?
Original post by zarnain_x
hey i honestly don't remember, don't stress about it you will still get a 9!!
also for the radioactivity one the one marker what did you get for the charge and mass
and how about that table that was 2 marks?

Hey, thank you for this positive motivation. I am hopeful that I will get a 9 as I predict that I will get like 71/90 for paper 4 and paper 3, I thought I did really well too so 74/90, total 145/180, so must be a 9, as obviously increasing the grade boundaries isnt the generous thing to do especially when the government said that they will be more lenient this year, so obviously they must lower the grade boundaries. The advanced information wasnt great as there was like 8 marks on P6 which wasnt on the advanced info and lots of marks on P8.2 as well as 7 marks on P8.3 which were also not on advanced info and not much of P8.1 came up(only the 6 marker) and barely any reflection, refraction practicals came up (only 2 from MCQ).

By the way for the charge in mass, I put 32 and 15. I put +16 on the top and 32 on the bottom. I said equal to B and less than B. I put gamma because it's least ionising and passes through skin without causing much damage, and for the table question, I said like it's safer than one in 4 minutes as the one with 4 minutes is more ionising/radioactive and more dangerous than the one for 6 hours, and I wasnt sure about the other, I said something like it's more suitable for 18 hours because with 18 hours, not much radiation emitted wont be detected(probably wrong) and said other stuff too.
Original post by SnowyPanda
Hey, thank you for this positive motivation. I am hopeful that I will get a 9 as I predict that I will get like 71/90 for paper 4 and paper 3, I thought I did really well too so 74/90, total 145/180, so must be a 9, as obviously increasing the grade boundaries isnt the generous thing to do especially when the government said that they will be more lenient this year, so obviously they must lower the grade boundaries. The advanced information wasnt great as there was like 8 marks on P6 which wasnt on the advanced info and lots of marks on P8.2 as well as 7 marks on P8.3 which were also not on advanced info and not much of P8.1 came up(only the 6 marker) and barely any reflection, refraction practicals came up (only 2 from MCQ).

By the way for the charge in mass, I put 32 and 15. I put +16 on the top and 32 on the bottom. I said equal to B and less than B. I put gamma because it's least ionising and passes through skin without causing much damage, and for the table question, I said like it's safer than one in 4 minutes as the one with 4 minutes is more ionising/radioactive and more dangerous than the one for 6 hours, and I wasnt sure about the other, I said something like it's more suitable for 18 hours because with 18 hours, not much radiation emitted wont be detected(probably wrong) and said other stuff too.

i put 6 hours because in the cgp revision guide it says that it should be for a few hours, not too long because it can be harmful, i didn't put 4 minutes because its not enough time for the doctor to see the patients organs, 6 hours is enough time and less ionising
Original post by zarnain_x
i put 6 hours because in the cgp revision guide it says that it should be for a few hours, not too long because it can be harmful, i didn't put 4 minutes because its not enough time for the doctor to see the patients organs, 6 hours is enough time and less ionising

i put this too, i said it's long enough to get where it needs to go and be detected and it's short enough to not cause too much damage to cells (ionise)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending