The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Physics Paper 4 (Higher tier) J249/04 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

OCR GCSE Physics Paper 4 (Higher tier) J249/04 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 23rd June AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How was the exam?
Reply 2
very nice
not too bad, i found it easier than paper 1
it wasn't bad but I know I missed quite a few marks lol. there were so many questions on improving the experiment and the last page with the graph questions I dint really get
Original post by prettytree
it wasn't bad but I know I missed quite a few marks lol. there were so many questions on improving the experiment and the last page with the graph questions I dint really get

same!!! I was waffling way too hard on those improving the experiment and accuracy questions
for the 6 marker i'm not sure i read the question correctly. i talked about it taking longer for a change in momentum and therefore less force but it was talked about a larger distance and something to do with the rear wheels
Original post by prettytree

yeahh i hate practical related questions
the paper was actually nice for once
better than paper 1
what did you guys get for the 5 marker maths question to 2 significant figures
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by samanthat
better than paper 2

4.3 MJ i think
better than paper 2

4.3 MJ
Original post by RaggedSlugger22
4.3 MJ

yep i also got that but my anwsers seemed too good to be true tbh as they were very simple with 4- 5 marks
oh well finally got out last exams over with
yep i also got that but my anwsers seemed too good to be true tbh as they were very simple with 4- 5 marks

the marks would probably come from finding the equation, rearranging, identifying point on graph, calculating, and giving to 2 s.f.

yeah
for the final part of the last question. did you have to work out the gradient for each planet or something. I did something like i dont remember the numbers but I did 1.28/numberx10 power of 11 and 2.something/numberx10 power of 11, and say both of the gradients arent equal so shes correcy
Original post by SnowyPanda
for the final part of the last question. did you have to work out the gradient for each planet or something. I did something like i dont remember the numbers but I did 1.28/numberx10 power of 11 and 2.something/numberx10 power of 11, and say both of the gradients arent equal so shes correcy

i found out the scale factor of the radius and multipled one of the speeds by the scale factor and it didn't equal the other speed so it couldn't be proportional
Original post by Reuben C
i found out the scale factor of the radius and multipled one of the speeds by the scale factor and it didn't equal the other speed so it couldn't be proportional

I found out that the gradients for both planets werent the same, is that right?
Original post by SnowyPanda
I found out that the gradients for both planets werent the same, is that right?

i don't completely understand your method but it sounds logical. was the question about the speed of orbit being proportional to the radius of the orbit? i'm worried i misread it now lol
Original post by Reuben C
i don't completely understand your method but it sounds logical. was the question about the speed of orbit being proportional to the radius of the orbit? i'm worried i misread it now lol

yes
I divided them two for both planets and they didnt equal the same thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending