The Student Room Group

Leaving uni of Nottingham to go to Nottingham Trent

I’m currently a first year student midwife at the university of Nottingham but I’m currently on an interruption of studies as the course is not for me. I have no clue what to do next and even though I have time to figure things out, my anxiety is through the roof as I hate not having confidence in a solid plan.

I would like to stay at uni of Notts but I just can’t seem to find anything that peaks my interests. My a levels were Biology, Chemistry and Psychology (AAA) so it’s almost like I have too much choice.

I have been considering going to NTU instead to study childhood (psychology) as I’ve always had an interest in working with children and I don’t want to move to a different city (I already have signed a house contract for next academic year). However, there are a lot of feelings that come with this possible decision as uni of Notts is Russel group and a well respected uni. In addition to this, I’ll be moving to somewhere ‘lower’ on the league tables which I personally do not mind but I know people will be extremely confused about my reasoning.

Has anyone ever been in this kind of situation where they found the course was not for them, knew they wanted a degree but were not sure in what.
I think you should do what makes you happiest, the only thing I need to stress is that the reputation on the university will effect your ability to become employed especially when it comes to psychology where there are so many people unemployed after university
Reply 2
Thank you. I’m not sure what would make me the happiest as I’ve not got much experience in anything. I think I’m terrified of making the wrong choice or even discovering that university isn’t for me which would be devastating as I really want to get a degree so I have something to back me.I recently found out that the course is more of a childhood studies degree with a module per year that looks at psychology. I don’t mind this too much but I’m concerned about career prospects and masters that I would be able to take if I wanted to.Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending