The Student Room Group

Ramadan is coming, where's your vimto? A Ramadan Blog :)

[scrollr]💐Welcome to the Ramadan 2022 Blog💐[/scrollr]

sky-skies-picture-art-sun-sunset-rise-vintage.jpg
Hi bestiesssssssssssss! Ramadan is right around the corner and so I thought I would make a blog for all of us to chill, talk about Islam, go crazy on tsr right before Fajr, make goals for Ramadan and just enjoy it to the max!

Every day I'm going to do an update which will include a quote, some random things that I did that day, food I made for Sehri and Iftaar, prayers checklist, goals and yeah!

Feel free to write about your Ramadan and your goals! We're all in it together, let's thank Allah for our lives and ask Allah to give us a blessed Ramadan!

NOTE: I will not condemn anyone who comes onto here and makes remarks. Anything that is seen as rude and or disrespectful will be reported, this is a safe place and a positive one so no negativity! Also, you don't have to be taking part in Ramadan to talk on here, everyone is welcome!

💐tags💐: (lmk if you want to be added or removed

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AestheticStudying

Hi bestiesssssssssssss! Ramadan is right around the corner and so I thought I would make a blog for all of us to chill, talk about Islam, go crazy on tsr right before Fajr, make goals for Ramadan and just enjoy it to the max!

Every day I'm going to do an update which will include a quote, some random things that I did that day, food I made for Sehri and Iftaar, prayers checklist, goals and yeah!

Feel free to write about your Ramadan and your goals! We're all in it together, let's thank Allah for our lives and ask Allah to give us a blessed Ramadan!

NOTE: I will not condemn anyone who comes onto here and makes remarks. Anything that is seen as rude and or disrespectful will be reported, this is a safe place and a positive one so no negativity! Also, you don't have to be taking part in Ramadan to talk on here, everyone is welcome!

Spoiler

i dont do this stuff but thanks for the taggggg

Spoiler

Original post by viktorismyplant
i dont do this stuff but thanks for the taggggg

Spoiler

nws sis :hugs:

Spoiler

Reply 3
I'm running an Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday and someone I know has asked if she can come, even though she will be observing Ramadan. I'm very happy to invite her and obviously she doesn't need to eat anything (although everyone else normally stuffs their face afterwards). She's only recently moved to the UK so is keen to experience English customs but am I the only one who finds it a little odd?
tagggggg me please, this is an awesome idea
Original post by EOData
I'm running an Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday and someone I know has asked if she can come, even though she will be observing Ramadan. I'm very happy to invite her and obviously she doesn't need to eat anything (although everyone else normally stuffs their face afterwards). She's only recently moved to the UK so is keen to experience English customs but am I the only one who finds it a little odd?

so im not too great with this whole thing but if shes new to the uk and everything surely shed want to be included in our customs, even if not fully? bad example but ik a couple where one is jewish ans the other is athiest and even tho they arent the same religion one celebrates in a jewish way to be included yk? idk if that makes any sense but you dont have to properly do it to be included yk

nws sis :hugs:

Spoiler

:hugs: :heart:

Spoiler

So here's a very good question: how did vimto become one of Ramadan's staples? 😂
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
:woo:
im so excited for ramadannn
Thanks for the tagggggg can’t wait:woohoo:

Spoiler

Thanks for the tag, following :smile:
Reply 10
Ayy cmon this gonna be popping off ina few days 💯
Original post by Immaculatevibes
tagggggg me please, this is an awesome idea

Adding u right now! And ty :biggrin:
Original post by viktorismyplant
:hugs: :heart:

Spoiler

:jumphug: :heart:

Spoiler

Original post by Abdaba19
So here's a very good question: how did vimto become one of Ramadan's staples? 😂

right basically in 2020 there was a tiktok sound and it were like "Ramadan is coming, where is your vimto? You are sitting at home, quarantining. Now ramadan is coming, ramadan is coming, where's your vimto?" And it just stuck in my head and i thought it'd be funny to make it the title :colondollar:
Original post by Food!!
:woo:
im so excited for ramadannn

:biggrin:
omg sameee!!!
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Thanks for the tagggggg can’t wait:woohoo:

Spoiler

Awww nws :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by BurstingBubbles
Thanks for the tag, following :smile:

NWs :hugs:

YASSSSSSS VIBESSSS :biggrin:
Sameeee!!! :hugs:
Original post by Slx.24
Ayy cmon this gonna be popping off ina few days 💯

hehe :u:
Ayyyy thanks for the tag :biggrin:

Excited for my first ramadan of my life, insha'allah I get to experience it

Masha'allah
Please do tag me - A Ramadan blog seems so cool! :smile:
@AestheticStudying

Just wondering if you have exams/mocks coming up and if you fast through them or are allowances made if not? I know when I did my A Levels my friend didn't fast through her exams but then did it delayed over the summer to 'make up' for it :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
@AestheticStudying

Just wondering if you have exams/mocks coming up and if you fast through them or are allowances made if not? I know when I did my A Levels my friend didn't fast through her exams but then did it delayed over the summer to 'make up' for it :smile:

sorry ik im not zara but some ppl do fast during their exams because it is still compusory but if you do miss them like how a women would if they were on their period you'd make them up yes
Reply 16

Spoiler

https://www.launchgood.com/TeamIZA-Ramadan22

Assalamu alaykum

If anyone can kindly donate £1 a night in the month of ramdhan to this cause it would a great help and a great means of reward for you in this month. Click the link and have a read inshallah and if you can please join in.
Original post by Food!!
sorry ik im not zara but some ppl do fast during their exams because it is still compusory but if you do miss them like how a women would if they were on their period you'd make them up yes

That makes sense, thank you for explaining :smile:
Reply 18
@AestheticStudying

Fasting in ramadan is compulsory, but there are exceptions ofc
For something like exams, you still have to fast

As bubs said though, if it's a period then you can't fast and make up for it after
If you're sick etc then you can not fast and make up for it after as well
If you have other kinds of long term conditions that would be affected if you fast, then you don't need to fast at all

There is one thing though, if you can't fast due to something then you should at least provide food for those fasting, and you'll get the reward as if you were fasting yourself

Amazing ikr 😁
Reply 19
That makes sense, thank you for explaining :smile:

np if you have questions on anything to do with ramadan feel free to ask :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest