The Student Room Group

I’m screwed

I’m currently having my first and last set of mocks for year 11. But I’ve barely revised and struggle with how to. Admittedly because I don’t give it the time it deserves and if I did sit down and actually do something I’d figure it out. But I’m worried that it’s too late for me to get good grades so I think it’s better if I just give up at this point. And due to the building up guilt I didn’t attend school yesterday and missed out one of my exams and I’m tempted/have already done the same thing today by the time you’re reading this. Please help.
Reply 1
Original post by sohlem_
I’m currently having my first and last set of mocks for year 11. But I’ve barely revised and struggle with how to. Admittedly because I don’t give it the time it deserves and if I did sit down and actually do something I’d figure it out. But I’m worried that it’s too late for me to get good grades so I think it’s better if I just give up at this point. And due to the building up guilt I didn’t attend school yesterday and missed out one of my exams and I’m tempted/have already done the same thing today by the time you’re reading this. Please help.

first of all, the fact that you feel guilty about not revising enough shows that you're determined to do well in your exams, and it's never too late to revise. of course cramming last minute is definitely not the way to go, but giving up should NEVER be the option. if I were in your place, I would surely feel unmotivated and discouraged to revise, but I really do strongly recommend revising everyday and as much as you can in your final days of mocks. I assume you're on study leave right now, so my suggestion is that when you come home from school/an exam, take a break for an hour but then get straight to revising. you may not have time to make flashcards and do lots of revision methods, but just look over all the content, or just the topics you don't understand, by looking through your notes or videos. if you want to further this then look through flashcards online and make sure, if you get the time, to do at least a couple practice questions.
what exams do you have today and what/when are your other exams?
Reply 2
I can give you tips on how to revise specific subjects, so let me know which subjects/exams are coming up for you 🤍
Reply 3
Original post by milktee
I can give you tips on how to revise specific subjects, so let me know which subjects/exams are coming up for you 🤍

We aren’t on study leave, we do like 2 exams a day mostly with a little 20 min lunch break between. I do triple science, geography, Spanish and art then higher maths eng lit + lang ofc. But I sorta revised a little for lang and got grade 9 so idk
Reply 4
Original post by sohlem_
We aren’t on study leave, we do like 2 exams a day mostly with a little 20 min lunch break between. I do triple science, geography, Spanish and art then higher maths eng lit + lang ofc. But I sorta revised a little for lang and got grade 9 so idk

i'm so sorry for not replying to you earlier, i had to get to school 💔
you're not on study leave?! i assumed that all y11s are when they have their mocks :frown:
well done on your english lang grade!!

okay so for science, based on how many days you have, try to focus on prioritising the topics you struggle with:

first watch cognito videos on those topics

look through pmt flashcards for the topic

do at least a couple practice questions if you have the time (i get mine from pmt)

you can repeat this revision for other science topics, but only if you have the time. mainly prioritise areas you struggle with first

the important thing about geography is case studies, so first i would recommend looking over the case studies you are required to revise for these mocks.

i use my class notes for case studies but i think the website https://www.coolgeography.co.uk/ is really useful as well (though i haven't used it much myself)

for general information, especially processes such as the formation of rivers, landscapes, etc. i use savemyexams since the information is really clear

for maths, first watch videos on topics you struggle with and then do practice questions.
for spanish, (i do german) looking over the vocab of each topic will be a big help.
for english literature, looking over main quotes and themes is a priority to help in essays.
i don't take art so i'm not sure how art exams are :frown:
all of this is general tips on how to revise, but i'm sure that cramming the day before your exam or whenever you get the time should hopefully be enough for you to get a decent grade. cramming, as i said before, is the worst way to revise, but it's DEFINITELY better than not doing anything at all, so don't give up and i believe in you you said you revised a little bit for language and aced the exam, so i know you have the potential to ace your other exams as well. tell me how your exams go once you do them!! and feel free to ask anything else if you would like to <3
Reply 5
Original post by milktee
i'm so sorry for not replying to you earlier, i had to get to school 💔
you're not on study leave?! i assumed that all y11s are when they have their mocks :frown:
well done on your english lang grade!!

okay so for science, based on how many days you have, try to focus on prioritising the topics you struggle with:

first watch cognito videos on those topics

look through pmt flashcards for the topic

do at least a couple practice questions if you have the time (i get mine from pmt)

you can repeat this revision for other science topics, but only if you have the time. mainly prioritise areas you struggle with first

the important thing about geography is case studies, so first i would recommend looking over the case studies you are required to revise for these mocks.

i use my class notes for case studies but i think the website https://www.coolgeography.co.uk/ is really useful as well (though i haven't used it much myself)

for general information, especially processes such as the formation of rivers, landscapes, etc. i use savemyexams since the information is really clear

for maths, first watch videos on topics you struggle with and then do practice questions.
for spanish, (i do german) looking over the vocab of each topic will be a big help.
for english literature, looking over main quotes and themes is a priority to help in essays.
i don't take art so i'm not sure how art exams are :frown:
all of this is general tips on how to revise, but i'm sure that cramming the day before your exam or whenever you get the time should hopefully be enough for you to get a decent grade. cramming, as i said before, is the worst way to revise, but it's DEFINITELY better than not doing anything at all, so don't give up and i believe in you you said you revised a little bit for language and aced the exam, so i know you have the potential to ace your other exams as well. tell me how your exams go once you do them!! and feel free to ask anything else if you would like to <3
thank you!!! Sorry for responding so late i rarely ever go on this platform but thank you so much. I will use these 💓💓
Reply 6
Hi @RDKGames, would you be able to assist or redirect OP please? This has found its way into the Med schools forum so might not get OP the traction / support wanted !

Apologies for targeting you 🙂
Reply 7
Original post by sohlem_
thank you!!! Sorry for responding so late i rarely ever go on this platform but thank you so much. I will use these 💓💓
of courseee 🤍🤍 noo that's completely okay don't worry about it <3
HOW DID THE REST OF YOUR MOCKS GO??
Reply 8
UMM SO… here are my grades (I only revised for English lang)

English language- 8.2
English literature- 5.5
Maths- 4.5
Biology- 5.2
Chemistry- 0
Physics- 3.8
Geography-3.5
Art- 7.2
Spanish- 4.2

I’m very proud of my art and English, since I tried my hardest in them. The other subjects whilst they aren’t good results by any means just has really shown and taught me the importance of revision - I’m really lucky this was only a mock.

Ever since results day I’ve gotten cgp guides and revised w them + online resources. And your advice is gonna be implemented too :smile:
Just need to plan things out esp with Ramadan starting up. Ramadan Mubarak btw (if you celebrate)
Original post by milktee
of courseee 🤍🤍 noo that's completely okay don't worry about it <3
HOW DID THE REST OF YOUR MOCKS GO??
Reply 9
Original post by sohlem_
UMM SO… here are my grades (I only revised for English lang)
English language- 8.2
English literature- 5.5
Maths- 4.5
Biology- 5.2
Chemistry- 0
Physics- 3.8
Geography-3.5
Art- 7.2
Spanish- 4.2
I’m very proud of my art and English, since I tried my hardest in them. The other subjects whilst they aren’t good results by any means just has really shown and taught me the importance of revision - I’m really lucky this was only a mock.
Ever since results day I’ve gotten cgp guides and revised w them + online resources. And your advice is gonna be implemented too :smile:
Just need to plan things out esp with Ramadan starting up. Ramadan Mubarak btw (if you celebrate)
OMG YOUR ART AND ENGLISH GRADES ARE AMAZING 💪🤍 and don't worry about your other scores, as long as you know where to improve and how, then you'll be fine <33
RAMADAN MUBARAK TO YOU TOO 🤍🤍 yesss i'm a muslim, how was your first fast todayy?
Reply 10
Original post by milktee
OMG YOUR ART AND ENGLISH GRADES ARE AMAZING 💪🤍 and don't worry about your other scores, as long as you know where to improve and how, then you'll be fine <33
RAMADAN MUBARAK TO YOU TOO 🤍🤍 yesss i'm a muslim, how was your first fast todayy?
OMGG YOU KNOW IT WASNT EVEN THAT BAD. I was worried I’d be like dying the entire day cus the first day is always the hardest but it felt like a breeze. ✨✨ Alhamdullilah ❤️ Today was a little tough since I slept all the way through sehri 😪 missed it out completely but hopefully I won’t tonight. How was yours?
Original post by sohlem_
OMGG YOU KNOW IT WASNT EVEN THAT BAD. I was worried I’d be like dying the entire day cus the first day is always the hardest but it felt like a breeze. ✨✨ Alhamdullilah ❤️ Today was a little tough since I slept all the way through sehri 😪 missed it out completely but hopefully I won’t tonight. How was yours?
THATS GREAT TO HEARR, my first fast was amazingg alhamdulillah, mashallah i'm glad yours went great asw 🤍🤍 aww hopefully you had a filling iftar to make up for it haha
yesterday i was fasting, but today was that time of the month so i had to break my fast during lunch 😔😔😔 i'm so sad omds bcs i hate missing fasts during ramadan, but the positive is that at least i'm not missing the last 10 days <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending