The Student Room Group

Ramadan is coming, where's your vimto? A Ramadan Blog :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by viktorismyplant
im so confused by some of these words and dont understand half of whats going on but
WOOOOOOO YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT KEEP GOING 🥳🥳

i tried bahahah :redface:

i agree lots of words i dont understand but must mean allah is great or something:biggrin:
Original post by AestheticStudying
Nws :biggrin: It's been alright, I'm not fasting today though since I'm ill and have had to have some medication :colondollar: But I will be starting fasting again tomorrow inshallah!
wbu? have u been fasting? if so how's it been? :h:

Ah sorry to hear that, get better soon!
I did the first fast, but my period started on the same day, so that was a bit of a bummer. Because I was working that day, I didn't even realise that I was fasting and the time just went by so quick. I feel like when you are occupied and you are being productive, then time flies - in a good way.
Reply 82
☁️𝙍𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙖𝙣 𝙐𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚:☁️

Short update today and not very aesthetic to my liking due to having a fever. I have a fever, a migraine, I feel nauseous, a sore throat and body pains and all day I haven't been craving food, I've been craving a blanket :colondollar:
I went to school and I'm fasting but honestly, it's not the fasting that's making me feel this way. Whenever Ramadan starts this always happens but it's never been this bad. My friends kept telling me not fast since I'm ill but I feel like it is sinning if I don't because I thought you could only not fast if you're 1. on medication; 2. on your period; 3. terminally ill; and 4. nauseous; but apparently not so I might not fast tomorrow or go to school, just depends on how I am :redface:

Also, my friend's sister visited her from Uni and she made brownies and my friend gave me one and said I can eat it when I open my fast :biggrin: She's so nice istg.

☁️𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤:☁️
This is late so I don't need to do much but here are 2 things I need to do:
Iftar food prep;
revise for the french test tomorrow;
find some medication to get the sore throat and migraine to goooooo;

Very short update today due to feeling unwell. If I am well tomorrow, I will do a proper update, if not, I'll do something like this. Sorry about this, it's not going to a great start! :colondollar:

But yeah sorry about the short update!

☁️𝙏𝙖𝙜𝙨:☁️

Spoiler

Awww get well soon zaraaa
I could be your human blanket :hugs:

If you're really sick then ofc you don't need to fasttt. It's not uhhh rigid to that extent should I say. So basically, if you don't feel well tomo, just skip it out for a day kayyy?

That's niceee
I'm making brownies tomo 😂😂 I can send pics if I make them niceee if you want <3

rooafzah idk how u spell it, it's like this pink syrup stuff :colondollar:
oop-

Damnnn and this is why we'll never be permanent links I don't wanna get dragged back to bed :cry2:

I'm crazy that's what - u've just made me realise it's 12 hours :eek:
I get ready as soon as I wake up then I watch Netflix and revise till 7, then eat, then do my hair get my blazer and coat pack by bag all in time for 8am :biggrin:
tyyyy 😭 :hugs:
what'd you have this morning?
I had a bit of cake and a few sips of apple juice :colondollar:

Still sounds cool to me :yep:
We get around 1hr-1hr & 5 mins - it used to be like 1hr 20 but they changed it :unimpressed:

Likeee that rose syrup thingy 😭😭 I don't like it at alll. It's.. drinkable with milk but if you have it with water you're a menace to society fr :cry:

Rahhhh I thought you said you were only for permanent ones :frown:
We can like.. make exceptions and uhhh compromise in the middle 😔 like another 30 mins in bed? It'll be cosyyy

I don't watch anything 😭 you're gonna have to introduce me to all of these things. I might actually bother waking up with you for them... maybe

Uhhh I don't even remember tbh 😭 I think cereal. BUt a lot of cereal. Oh and a cpl dates
That sounds so nice tbh
Just double the portion and I'll be down LOL
Reply 83
im so confused by some of these words and dont understand half of whats going on but
WOOOOOOO YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT KEEP GOING 🥳🥳

i tried bahahah :redface:

LMAOOOO
If you need help with any words just ask me 😭😭😂
Original post by Leslie Knope
Ah sorry to hear that, get better soon!
I did the first fast, but my period started on the same day, so that was a bit of a bummer. Because I was working that day, I didn't even realise that I was fasting and the time just went by so quick. I feel like when you are occupied and you are being productive, then time flies - in a good way.

aww ty! :hugs:
istg so many people started their period on the first day, about 15 people I know started their period on the first day 😭😭
I agree, when you are occupied plus also doing something either that requires deep concentration or something you enjoy, time flies by :yep:
Original post by Slx.24
Awww get well soon zaraaa
I could be your human blanket :hugs:

If you're really sick then ofc you don't need to fasttt. It's not uhhh rigid to that extent should I say. So basically, if you don't feel well tomo, just skip it out for a day kayyy?

That's niceee
I'm making brownies tomo 😂😂 I can send pics if I make them niceee if you want <3

Likeee that rose syrup thingy 😭😭 I don't like it at alll. It's.. drinkable with milk but if you have it with water you're a menace to society fr :cry:

Rahhhh I thought you said you were only for permanent ones :frown:
We can like.. make exceptions and uhhh compromise in the middle 😔 like another 30 mins in bed? It'll be cosyyy

I don't watch anything 😭 you're gonna have to introduce me to all of these things. I might actually bother waking up with you for them... maybe

Uhhh I don't even remember tbh 😭 I think cereal. BUt a lot of cereal. Oh and a cpl dates
That sounds so nice tbh
Just double the portion and I'll be down LOL

tyyy 😭 Turns out my right tonsil is swollen and I have to sing on Thursday and I'm panicking since I can't even sing cus of my throat 😭
awwww u as a human blanket icky :tongue: im jk u'd be a cute human blanket :hugs:

I didn't fast today cus of it but I think I might fast tomorrow idk yet :colondollar:
OOOOH BROWNIESSSSSSS UR SENDING PICS :colone:

yahhh the rose syrup thingy 😭 it's weird both ways :unimpressed:
I am only for permanent ones :tongue:
but I wanna do stuff I wanna be productive in the morning :unimpressed: but I guess 30 more mins would be fine especially with u :colondollar:

bro u have no life if u don't watch anything :colonhash: omg ur changing :eek:

cereal lmaooo
pahahaha u can have as much as u want :biggrin:

Short update again today. Sorry! I'm ill still. I went to school, fell more ill, went to the school nurse, got 2 paracetamols, felt worse, got sent home at 2 pm lol so missed English and Chem. But English was just finishing off work from yesterday and I had already finished and Chem was a practical and I didn't need to be there cus I've done that practical in y9 and it's not a required one so it's fine. Also, turns out I have a swollen right tonsil which is bad cus I have a music competition on Thursday and am singing an opera piece and now I'm like what do I do since I can't hit the notes at all 😭😭😭.

I had a french test today, went alright. I had double pe and I got to skip it since I was unwell and me and all my friends who were fasting just chilled and that whole time I was just picking flowers and chilling and my friend made me a flower crown with the flowers I picked 😭 she's so nice istg.

Anyways, that's all for today, I'm sorry! When I get better I promise I'll do better updates :yep: Love you all and hope you're having a great Ramadhan so far! :heart: :grouphugs:

Spoiler

Short update again today. Sorry! I'm ill still. I went to school, fell more ill, went to the school nurse, got 2 paracetamols, felt worse, got sent home at 2 pm lol so missed English and Chem. But English was just finishing off work from yesterday and I had already finished and Chem was a practical and I didn't need to be there cus I've done that practical in y9 and it's not a required one so it's fine. Also, turns out I have a swollen right tonsil which is bad cus I have a music competition on Thursday and am singing an opera piece and now I'm like what do I do since I can't hit the notes at all 😭😭😭.

I had a french test today, went alright. I had double pe and I got to skip it since I was unwell and me and all my friends who were fasting just chilled and that whole time I was just picking flowers and chilling and my friend made me a flower crown with the flowers I picked 😭 she's so nice istg.

Anyways, that's all for today, I'm sorry! When I get better I promise I'll do better updates :yep: Love you all and hope you're having a great Ramadhan so far! :heart: :grouphugs:

Spoiler

Sounds like you haven't had the nicest of days - get well soon.

Heureux d'entendre le test de francais etait bien!

Take care and look forward to more updates :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 87

Spoiler

get well soon zara :hugs: :heart:
[scrollr]💐Welcome to the Ramadan 2022 Blog💐[/scrollr]

sky-skies-picture-art-sun-sunset-rise-vintage.jpg
Hi bestiesssssssssssss! Ramadan is right around the corner and so I thought I would make a blog for all of us to chill, talk about Islam, go crazy on tsr right before Fajr, make goals for Ramadan and just enjoy it to the max!

Every day I'm going to do an update which will include a quote, some random things that I did that day, food I made for Sehri and Iftaar, prayers checklist, goals and yeah!

Feel free to write about your Ramadan and your goals! We're all in it together, let's thank Allah for our lives and ask Allah to give us a blessed Ramadan!

NOTE: I will not condemn anyone who comes onto here and makes remarks. Anything that is seen as rude and or disrespectful will be reported, this is a safe place and a positive one so no negativity! Also, you don't have to be taking part in Ramadan to talk on here, everyone is welcome!

💐tags💐: (lmk if you want to be added or removed

Spoiler

Ramadan Mubarak :smile:

Is Vimto a Ramadan thing, then? I thought lucozade would be more fitting, given you must get soooo hungry by about 4pm and need a bit of energy to keep you going until your iftar!
Hot Vimto though 😍
Reply 90
aww ty! :hugs:
istg so many people started their period on the first day, about 15 people I know started their period on the first day 😭😭
I agree, when you are occupied plus also doing something either that requires deep concentration or something you enjoy, time flies by :yep:

tyyy 😭 Turns out my right tonsil is swollen and I have to sing on Thursday and I'm panicking since I can't even sing cus of my throat 😭
awwww u as a human blanket icky :tongue: im jk u'd be a cute human blanket :hugs:

I didn't fast today cus of it but I think I might fast tomorrow idk yet :colondollar:
OOOOH BROWNIESSSSSSS UR SENDING PICS :colone:

yahhh the rose syrup thingy 😭 it's weird both ways :unimpressed:
I am only for permanent ones :tongue:
but I wanna do stuff I wanna be productive in the morning :unimpressed: but I guess 30 more mins would be fine especially with u :colondollar:

bro u have no life if u don't watch anything :colonhash: omg ur changing :eek:

cereal lmaooo
pahahaha u can have as much as u want :biggrin:

You could just skip it if your swelling doesn't go downn. Health over wealth yk :u: (Ik it doesn't make that much sense shush yk what I mean 😔)
😭😭 Well, I think I'd look more like a potato but whatever you say :colondollar:

Ohh okayyy, lets see by the time suhoor comes thenn
Okay okay fine I will 😭 gonna be the end of me one day zara

Yh but it's just disgraceful w water you gotta admit 😂😂
Good, then we have a compatibility of 420% 🙄
You can be productive but still in bed yk :tongue: ayyyy I got the (zara) in the bag :u:

I really don't have a life
Lmaoo maybe a tiny bit.. depends tho

What's wrong w cereal huhhh
Yusss you gotta keep a hefty supply of food if you wanna keep me around 😭 A real black hole sometimes

Spoiler

pizza rolls don't even taste that great, realistically taste like cardboard and fake cheese. need a better plan
Original post by Slx.24
LMAOOOO
If you need help with any words just ask me 😭😭😂

tsr was an ass and kept logging me out whenever i tried to reply to you :colonhash:
hahah yes pls im so confused
Original post by Genesiss
pizza rolls don't even taste that great, realistically taste like cardboard and fake cheese. need a better plan

What is a pizza roll?
Original post by sufys
What is a pizza roll?

i don't even really know if we're talking about the same things lol. i think like a frozen mini calzone you put in the oven or microwave when you're super lazy?
Reply 95
tsr was an ass and kept logging me out whenever i tried to reply to you :colonhash:
hahah yes pls im so confused

Lmaoo it's jelly of our good rs :u:
npp
This thread has been wonderful to read

Zara get well soon 😭😭

Good luck to you guys - major respect for doing it to be fair

Also question, when is the starting age because it always seems to change - and I'm conscious that some of the people telling me aren't the most devout muslims
Original post by AmIReallyHere

Zara get well soon 😭😭

Also question, when is the starting age because it always seems to change - and I'm conscious that some of the people telling me aren't the most devout muslims

Hi there.

It's the age when someone hits puberty - so usually around 13-14 years old.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

It's the age when someone hits puberty - so usually around 13-14 years old.

Hope this helps :smile:

oh wow - I'd hate to be a 8/9 year old who hit puberty

but thank you!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Food!!
get well soon zara :hugs: :heart:

sorry for the late reply :colondollar:
Tysm Bubs, I've been to the doctor and have got medication so I should be better soon! :hugs: :heart:
Original post by Reality Check
Ramadan Mubarak :smile:

Is Vimto a Ramadan thing, then? I thought lucozade would be more fitting, given you must get soooo hungry by about 4pm and need a bit of energy to keep you going until your iftar!

Ramadan Mubarak! :biggrin: Apologies for the late reply :colondollar:
Aha I mean any drink can be a Ramadan thing but I only put vimto in the title because there was this meme in Ramadan 2021 on tiktok which said "Ramadan is coming, where is your vimto?" and I decided to make that the title :colondollar:
Original post by SMEGGGY
Hot Vimto though 😍

THATS A VIOLATION HOT VIMTO IS A NO :lolwut:
Original post by Slx.24
You could just skip it if your swelling doesn't go downn. Health over wealth yk :u: (Ik it doesn't make that much sense shush yk what I mean 😔)
😭😭 Well, I think I'd look more like a potato but whatever you say :colondollar:

Ohh okayyy, lets see by the time suhoor comes thenn
Okay okay fine I will 😭 gonna be the end of me one day zara

Yh but it's just disgraceful w water you gotta admit 😂😂
Good, then we have a compatibility of 420% 🙄
You can be productive but still in bed yk :tongue: ayyyy I got the (zara) in the bag :u:

I really don't have a life
Lmaoo maybe a tiny bit.. depends tho

What's wrong w cereal huhhh
Yusss you gotta keep a hefty supply of food if you wanna keep me around 😭 A real black hole sometimes

sorry for the late reply :colondollar:
I've got medication now so I can't fast even if I wanted to :<
A POTATO PLSSSS LMAO

hahaha that's my life goal to end u :u:
I agree it is disgraceful with water like bro u got to be mad to have it with water :colonhash:
only 420% damn :cry:
lmaoooo

yeah I can tell u have no life :tongue:

cereal for suhoor or iftar no :tongue: You need something filling :yep: (me saying that but not even eating that much in the morning lmao)
dw I'll go grocery shopping every week to keep a good supply of food :biggrin:
Original post by AmIReallyHere

Zara get well soon 😭😭

apologies for the late reply :colondollar:
Omg tysm! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :biggrin:
Ty! :hugs:

Well, I was brought up to believe that you must start fasting after you start puberty but that age differs for different people. Puberty hasn't even properly started for me and so I don't have to fast but yeah it depends on when you start puberty - or that's what I was told :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest