The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Fundamentals of physics H557/01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level Physics Fundamentals of physics H557/01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May PM
Length: 2h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)
just wanted to ask everyone about how they found it, issues with timing?
Original post by lion334rated
just wanted to ask everyone about how they found it, issues with timing?

Yeah, everyone in my school had timing issues. I've realised I've made quite a few silly mistakes like writing energy=power/time, which is infuriating as I need an A*. Really hope the grade boundaries drop. How did you find it?
You must have answered a lot right though! Funnily enough, my mate did the same thing with the power energy equation:eek:, timing was an absolute joke but just have to make up for it in paper 2
Reply 4
Original post by fizzaa.x
Yeah, everyone in my school had timing issues. I've realised I've made quite a few silly mistakes like writing energy=power/time, which is infuriating as I need an A*. Really hope the grade boundaries drop. How did you find it?

I personally didn't finish either. I was quite annoyed at myself as I put in a lot of work to bump my grade. Did you guys find the question difficulty to be harder/easier than previous years? Also how are you prepping for paper 2?
@lion334rated
Original post by hey3471
I personally didn't finish either. I was quite annoyed at myself as I put in a lot of work to bump my grade. Did you guys find the question difficulty to be harder/easier than previous years? Also how are you prepping for paper 2?
@lion334rated

Think the actual questions weren't too bad except the last question with relativistic effects and wavelength, but that's just time pressure because I worked it out after, did everyone else at your school run out?

Paper 2 Im just going to go over the content and the usual practice papers, how did you find the difficulty?
Reply 6
Think the actual questions weren't too bad except the last question with relativistic effects and wavelength, but that's just time pressure because I worked it out after, did everyone else at your school run out?

Paper 2 Im just going to go over the content and the usual practice papers, how did you find the difficulty?

The difficulty was not in the questions themselves (I think they were easier than last years) but in finishing the paper. Nobody who was predicted an A* in my school completely finished. Did you manage to finish btw?
(edited 1 year ago)
No, I left section A for last so had 6 left, just filled them with random letters and had to rush the 6 marker, had quite a few that I didnt even complete so went pretty bad for me too, I would say they were as difficult as 2021 though
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
No, I left section A for last so had 6 left, just filled them with random letters and had to rush the 6 marker, had quite a few that I didnt even complete so went pretty bad for me too, I would say they were as difficult as 2021 though

Don't worry about it OCR B has lower grade boundaries than normal for A Level because of its difficult, plus grade boundaries are likely to be lower than pre-Covid years. Fingers crossed. What grade do you need?
Really hoping they have low grade boundaries, need an A but was predicted an A* and really want at least one A*, how about you?
Really hoping they have low grade boundaries, need an A but was predicted an A* and really want at least one A*, how about you?

my firm needs an A in physics. What did you get for the ratio of probability of arrival of the photon. I drew the resultant phaser amplitudes and measured them and then squared the ratio of the two. I got 1.9 if I remember correctly
Original post by purrplexengine
my firm needs an A in physics. What did you get for the ratio of probability of arrival of the photon. I drew the resultant phaser amplitudes and measured them and then squared the ratio of the two. I got 1.9 if I remember correctly

I got 3 for that but I wasn't very confident with it, that's 2 marks defo gone then
I had to redraw that damping graph on the additional space at the back, and draw new axes and everything because I fumbled it at the beginning and I didn't have a rubber. Is this allowed and do you think I'll lose the marks for it, because I know I got the graph right.
Original post by OllieSH
I had to redraw that damping graph on the additional space at the back, and draw new axes and everything because I fumbled it at the beginning and I didn't have a rubber. Is this allowed and do you think I'll lose the marks for it, because I know I got the graph right.

I am not going to lie, I dont remember there even being a damping graph question. Was that ocr A??
I am not going to lie, I dont remember there even being a damping graph question. Was that ocr A??

yeah, It was a question about the pressure into the water through that open pipe, and then they stopped the pressure and the water oscillated with 'slight damping' and it asked you to draw the graph
Original post by OllieSH
yeah, It was a question about the pressure into the water through that open pipe, and then they stopped the pressure and the water oscillated with 'slight damping' and it asked you to draw the graph

this chats for ocr b, theres another thread for ocr a haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending