The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Scientific literacy in physics H557/02 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the OCR A Level Physics Scientific literacy in physics H557/02 exam go for you?

OCR A Level Physics Scientific literacy in physics H557/02 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 10th June PM
Length: 2h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Does anyone have access to questions based on the advanced article for section C?
How did the exam go?
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did the exam go?

It was less time pressured than paper 1. I do think the level of difficulty was higher than paper 1 however.
What did you guys get for the 6 marker on the string and mass?
Reply 5
Original post by lion334rated
What did you guys get for the 6 marker on the string and mass?

I wrote about standing waves how about you? How did you find the paper
Original post by hey3471

I thought it was okay but then we started discussing the answers and i made a lot of silly mistakes, for the wave one everyone i spoke to at school wrote about resonance but the standing waves makes much more sense
Reply 7
I said it was at resonance. didn't mention standing waves. I think I did ok overall but a few stupid mistakes brought me down :/

I think I got a mark in the 70s, wbu?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
same here. did u calculate the speed of the string and saw that it aligned quite well to the speed of the first harmonic?
Original post by hey3471
Original post by 50nny
same here. did u calculate the speed of the string and saw that it aligned quite well to the speed of the first harmonic?

Yes! It was such an unstructured question. Did you get an answer for the strain gauge question?
Reply 10
I did. I got like 2.9V to 2sf iirc? there was some stuff on it in the physics in perspective chapter of the textbook, which i was glad i looked over before the exam xD
Yes I did - nice one

Also how did people do the question about gravitational fields that required you to work out the speed of the spacecraft at its closest appraoch? I got 5000 If I remember correctly.

Original post by 50nny
Original post by letterh
I said it was at resonance. didn't mention standing waves. I think I did ok overall but a few stupid mistakes brought me down :/

I think I got a mark in the 70s, wbu?

Holy frick, that’s a good mark.

Also, I think the wheels fell off the OCR clown car. Why the hell didn’t their proofreaders correct those three mistakes across the last two papers? It’s not like it’s a big ask, it just makes them look incompetent for not doing so.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending