The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Business at bath

Has received an offer for BSc Business yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,

I am a final year business student at the University of Bath, please feel free to ask any questions you might have about the course or Bath in general in the meantime!

Best of luck,
Kayley
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Lots of people have but all top Unis are making offers very gradually this year and Bath will still be making offers up to their UCAS deadline in mid-May, so no need to give up hope yet.
Reply 3
Hi Kayley, roughly how many hours of lectures/ tutorials do you have a week, and how many hours of extra work are you expected to do on the Business course? In your opinion, is it academically very pressurised. Thanks
Original post by Teens44
Hi Kayley, roughly how many hours of lectures/ tutorials do you have a week, and how many hours of extra work are you expected to do on the Business course? In your opinion, is it academically very pressurised. Thanks

Hello,

In first year you will take 4 compulsory modules in each semester and for each module there will be a 2-hour lecture and a one-hour seminar. In second, third and final year you get to choose 4 optional modules from a wide range of options- including finance, economics, marketing, law, operations, international and sustainability based modules. So, depending on what sort of modules you choose, the workload differs. For each unit, you are advised to do a number of recommended readings or worksheets outside of the lectures, which they will advise you when you first begin your lectures. I have found it very manageable across the years, as long as you are organised and get a good balance of uni work and social stuff.

Typically now as a final year I use a 9-5 style working day to get my coursework and revision done, and then give myself evenings and weekends free. In first year this was a bit less intense, as the uni recognises people are getting to grips with university life still, so it is designed to be slightly more relaxed. But, you still are expected to get your work done and pass the year.

The course structure for each year of BSc Business is broken down and can be seen here.

I hope this helps!

Best of luck,
Kayley
Final Year Business Student

Quick Reply

Latest