The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Uni BSc Business with two six-month placements

Hi! I’m hopefully planning on starting this course in September and I was wondering if anyone knew what the spread on starting dates for the first placement is? (Ie. How likely is it to get a placement that starts in August/September?) Thank you!
Hello there @Imk!

Really glad to hear you're planning on coming to Bath, and huge congrats on your offer for such a competitive course!

The first placement in BSc business can start anytime between June and September in your second year depending on what your employer needs. Most do start in July/August but you may need to be prepared to start earlier - it depends what the organisation you'll be with needs.

Going on placement is really exciting but I completely understand that its also a step into the unknown, which can feel a bit daunting! Please rest assured that you'll get lots more info, support and guidance from the placements team when the time comes :smile:

Wishing you the very best of luck on results day!

Holly
University of Bath
(edited 9 months ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by University of Bath
Hello there @Imk!

Really glad to hear you're planning on coming to Bath, and huge congrats on your offer for such a competitive course!

The first placement in BSc business can start anytime between June and September in your second year depending on what your employer needs. Most do start in July/August but you may need to be prepared to start earlier - it depends what the organisation you'll be with needs.

Going on placement is really exciting but I completely understand that its also a step into the unknown, which can feel a bit daunting! Please rest assured that you'll get lots more info, support and guidance from the placements team when the time comes :smile:

Wishing you the very best of luck on results day!

Holly
University of Bath

Hi Holly,
I know this is random but I’m also applying for BSC business at bath and I wanted to ask whether, along with the two 6-month placements, it is possible to do another 6 months at a partner university? At one of the open days they made it seem like this is the case, but I cannot find anything to prove it online.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Hiya @FFCETT77,

I am not 100% sure on this one as I did not study Business - however if you get in touch with the Business department: [email protected], they will be much better placed to help you out with your question and give you specific advice. You could also give them a ring if you would prefer: 01225 386742. The team at the department are all really friendly and I've found they are also quick to respond. In any case, Bath's business course is a top choice in the UK and I'm confident you will have a fab experience whether you can or cannot do the additional university placement - a lot of Universities only offer a single industrial placement rather than the chance to go on 2 :smile:

I hope this helps give you a bit of direction!

Holly
University of Bath
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Imk
Hi! I’m hopefully planning on starting this course in September and I was wondering if anyone knew what the spread on starting dates for the first placement is? (Ie. How likely is it to get a placement that starts in August/September?) Thank you!

Hey I would like to do the same course at bath too, I was just wondering what are the entry requirements for it. (sorry if this wasn't what you were hoping for in a response but I can't find it anywhere).
Reply 5
Original post by Punkinda1
Hey I would like to do the same course at bath too, I was just wondering what are the entry requirements for it. (sorry if this wasn't what you were hoping for in a response but I can't find it anywhere).

Typically AAA or A*AB
https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2024/business-and-management/bsc-business-with-two-six-month-work-placements/#entry-requirements

Quick Reply

Latest