The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone Who sad/thinks Yes, forgot their brains.
gyyy2807
there's definitely going to be attempts to kill obama. but whether or not they're successful depends on how good his bodyguards are.

Err... Protection depends more on intelligence gathering these days, bodyguards are the last port of call.
Reply 22
He's been described as a cross between John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King. Going by that he's guaranteed to get assassinated, although he seems like a rather appealing guy to the masses and I hope he doesn't.
Reply 23
Promesse
really?
like how many and stuff? info please?

23 of them.

the first one is called joe, he weights 300lbs, 6 foot 2.

the second one is called google.
Reply 24
As long as he doesn't rock the boat too much, like Kennedy did, he wouldn't be killed by anyone inside the Establishment. Anyone else hasn't got a chance.
Reply 25
There will almost certainly be attempts on his life, I really hope none will be successful.
Islamic fundamentalists who are willing to commit suicide are a greater threat than racist biggots, yet the Islamists never got close to Bush
It is pretty possible I suppose. All that bullet proof glass at his speech...
But I really really hope not.
Reply 28
It has crossed my mind before, and I'm sure there'll be attempts, but I hope not... Obama's so cool :biggrin:
Reply 29
Amanda
George W. Bush hasn't been shot, surprisingly..

The rednecks are the only ones who would try it, and they love him.
Bateman
23 of them.

the first one is called joe, he weights 300lbs, 6 foot 2.

the second one is called google.

23? and how many have other presidents had?
yeh will look at google for other stuff, forgot sorry.
I hope not
Reply 32
I really hope i'm not being naive here, but I don't think anyone's that sadistic in this day and age to murder him purely because he's black. Racists will grumble and whatnot, but planning an assassination is a different ball game.

If he is under threat, it will imo come from terrorists, and be because he's too good a president rather than anything else. Like bush is considered an idiot, so as long as he's running the country terrorists have nothing to worry about.
arcticsuicide
yes or no?

Yes for me. 3 reasons why

1. you cant, for a suspected 8 years, constantly provide a blanket of hardcore security for him
2. america has many white supremists eager to get their hands on him...forget terrorism, gun crime plus gun culture is rife
3. US politics as had a history of assasinaiton and assasinaiton attempts to terrorists

as much as i love Obama, i am a pessimist

Yes. Add a poll.
Reply 34
Dynasty
The rednecks are the only ones who would try it, and they love him.

Well those same rednecks won't be smart enough to pull it off with Obama. They may "plan" all they want, it may be in the news, but the chances of it happening.. I think is pretty slim.
Reply 35
This thread must have been scanned by the NSA at least a million times now.
You cant compare the past to the present AT ALL, the protection given to arguably the most important man in the world will be beyond anything we can imagine, you really think bodyguards are it? :rolleyes: I agree with jjkkll, uninformed thread.
I don't want him to but there's a big possibility of it regardless of the fact that rednecks are idiots. It takes one bullet and one gun to kill someone and there's no need for organisation. Really hope it doesn't happen though
Duncan70
Theres a good chance an attempt is made, but with the amount of money spent on his security, it is very unlikely that someone will even come close to succeeding, regardless of how much they want him dead.

do you want to make a joke about the people wanting to kill him probably having being molested when they were younger?

He might be assasinated but he probably won't be.
Reply 39
Yes unfortunately :frown:

Or I think like his family could be in danger.

If something happens I reckon it will be an inside job.

Latest

Trending

Trending