The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

QMU Dramatherapy MSc

Hello all,
Closing date for the Dramatherapy masters was just over 3 weeks ago. Has anyone received an offer for an interview?
The submission email reads:
"for many of our postgraduate and direct application courses,applicants who have submitted a completed application can expect to hear back within 4 weeks.
However, applications for the MSc in Darmatherapy programme are assessed differently. After initial assessment of the application, successful candidates will be invited to interview."
Does this read to you as it will take longer than 4 weeks to find out if you have an interview space or that you will find out if you are to interview within 4 weeks of submission?
I think I must just be overthinking as the deadline gets closer.
Hope everyone who submits gets their email soon!
Cheers,
Dylan
Reply 1
Original post by D.A.Mann
Hello all,
Closing date for the Dramatherapy masters was just over 3 weeks ago. Has anyone received an offer for an interview?
The submission email reads:
"for many of our postgraduate and direct application courses,applicants who have submitted a completed application can expect to hear back within 4 weeks.
However, applications for the MSc in Darmatherapy programme are assessed differently. After initial assessment of the application, successful candidates will be invited to interview."
Does this read to you as it will take longer than 4 weeks to find out if you have an interview space or that you will find out if you are to interview within 4 weeks of submission?
I think I must just be overthinking as the deadline gets closer.
Hope everyone who submits gets their email soon!
Cheers,
Dylan

No worries! I got an interview for Friday! Hope everyone who was looking forward to that positive email got theirs!
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by D.A.Mann
No worries! I got an interview for Friday! Hope everyone who was looking forward to that positive email got theirs!

And now I got the place!
Reply 3
Well done on getting in, I am waiting for a reply to my initial application now, so I am in your shoes a year later, any advice? What month did you actually have your interview? How soon after did you get an offer? I am living in Japan now, so if I get accepted I have so many things to sort out so the sooner I know the better! 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by Nia_fran
Well done on getting in, I am waiting for a reply to my initial application now, so I am in your shoes a year later, any advice? What month did you actually have your interview? How soon after did you get an offer? I am living in Japan now, so if I get accepted I have so many things to sort out so the sooner I know the better! 🙂

Hiya,
Feels a world away now, just in the midst of my final year.
I got my invitation to interview on the 9th of May and then was given my offer to join the course on the 15th. So they waited the full 4 weeks after the deadline of applications closed before offering an interview as far as I remember.
Be sure to attend any of the online talks if they offer about the course to connect a name to a face. This far in advance a light bit of familiarity in reading might offer some grounding (good ones would be Phil Jones' theatre as living or Ditty Dokter's Dramatherapy and destructiveness - not cover to cover just the odd chapter or two).
Asides from that I am not sure what to expect for your interview days. I feel showcasing being able to be reactive to whatever is in the room and a willingness to be playful with material when appropriate is important.
On a side note as you are coming from abroad be sure to chase up accommodation asap because Edinburgh is rather dreadful for finding places to live and the Uni halls forgot to tell me they were open for applications last year so I missed my chance to apply there.
All I can think of now, any other questions that present themselves along the way feel free to shoot me a message.
Reply 5
Hi D.A.

Thanks so much for your advice, I will defiantly look up that reading material, hopefully I can find the articles online.
Hmmmm, perhaps I am too early to expect news on passing the first stage. I will email the admissions team directly as it will be difficult to wait that long and then sort everything out.

Thanks for the tip on the uni accommodation, I am quite worried about that, perhaps I should apply to halls soon even if I have not been accepted yet? Not sure if that is allowed, but halls would be the cheapest and best option for me.

I do have a few questions if you have the time? I will try not to bombard you - too much :wink:

The big one - have you had a good experience at QMU and on this course?

Jobs - Not asking you personally, and not sure if you are even thinking about jobs right now, but do you know how easy it is to get a job in dramatherapy after graduating?

Money stuff - I am worried about finances over the 2 years, so I will have to get a part time job, how is the week's schedule realistically? I know the website says for the 1st year we would be in uni x2 a week, and on placement x1 a week, but not sure if those are whole days, mornings only, etc. I am wondering how many hours I could do per week for a part time job without it affecting my studies.

Also money stuff - If I don't get in halls, do you know any websites for student accommodation? Do you know how much people are paying? And also, how much do I need to budget for the mandatory therapy sessions?

Thank you so much in advance!
And good luck in your final year!

Quick Reply

Latest