The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

University of Sunderland Accommodation thread 2023

Hands up if you're staying in University accommodation in 2023!

Applicants, post all your questions below, and current students, why not share any useful advice you have too?

This thread is for all things accommodation so whether you're stuck on which one to choose or simply want to find out who you'll be living with, this is the place.
Reply 1
Hi
Just posted in the wrong thread. Is any hall preferred by medicine students?
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Original post by Kbam007
Hi
Just posted in the wrong thread. Is any hall preferred by medicine students?

Hi, I’m a current 1st year med student and Sunderland. Most medics are at the forge or at scotia quay this year.
Hope this helps
Reply 3
Original post by emily897
Hi, I’m a current 1st year med student and Sunderland. Most medics are at the forge or at scotia quay this year.
Hope this helps

Thank you- will start looking. It’s my son’s offer. Any tips or recommendations are great I appreciated!
I've seen that scotia quay is the only accom with en suites. Is it worth applying early for accommodation to make sure i get a room? also are the medic bursaries limited? like will it be first come first served or am i guaranteed the bursary if i qualify?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by got99problems
I've seen that scotia quay is the only accom with en suites. Is it worth applying early for accommodation to make sure i get a room? also are the medic bursaries limited? like will it be first come first served or am i guaranteed the bursary if i qualify?

We'd advise applying as soon as you can to ensure you get a room that meets your needs.
To qualify for the bursaries, you must meet all the requirements listed here
If you are starting an undergraduate programme in autumn 2022, you can apply for this bursary from February 2022. The deadline for applications is 31 July 2022 at 12 noon. The University of Sunderland Accommodation Team will allocate places in University-managed accommodation, Scotia Quay and Panns Bank meaning there that is enough places for everyone who qualifies.
Thanks
Reply 6
Hi!
I recently received an accommodation offer for Pann's Bank after being advised to apply for 3 different rooms (2 for Scotia, 1 for Pann's Bank). I was just wondering if people can get more than 1 offer back? I'm not sure if I'm wording this right. But I only just realised that the rooms there don't have an ensuite bathroom. I would've really liked to have one but I got an offer from Pann's Bank before Scotia Quays. What would happen if I rejected the offer? It's just a thought.
Original post by lieahh
Hi!
I recently received an accommodation offer for Pann's Bank after being advised to apply for 3 different rooms (2 for Scotia, 1 for Pann's Bank). I was just wondering if people can get more than 1 offer back? I'm not sure if I'm wording this right. But I only just realised that the rooms there don't have an ensuite bathroom. I would've really liked to have one but I got an offer from Pann's Bank before Scotia Quays. What would happen if I rejected the offer? It's just a thought.

Best to speak to the team direct so you can ensure you get the option that's right for you. They can be contacted on 0191 515 2943 / [email protected]
Hi, I'm a medicine student and I've got a room in Scotia Quay. On the open day they suggested that this was the one that most medicine students went for.
I'm starting as a medicine student in September and staying in Scotia Quay. I was wondering if there were any group chats or facebook groups for Scotia Quay or medicine at Sunderland to join?
Original post by benclarke7
I'm starting as a medicine student in September and staying in Scotia Quay. I was wondering if there were any group chats or facebook groups for Scotia Quay or medicine at Sunderland to join?

Hi Ben,
We'll be launching accommodation-specific group chats on TAP in the next few weeks, you may also wish to join our Facebook Freshers Group here to find more students joining us this year.
Reply 11
Son has been assigned Panns Bank with other med students as Scotia Quay was full.
Original post by Kbam007
Son has been assigned Panns Bank with other med students as Scotia Quay was full.

Great! Panns Bank is on the same grounds as Scotia Quay and has the same impressive riverside views and easy access to campus! :smile:
Hello, is anyone in Flat 46 Allan House? Also if there any group chats/tsr for accomodation, I know nobody! :smile:
Anyone else doing pharmacy at Sunderland ?? I've been trying to join fresher group on FB but its not been approved for many days and I know no one else. Booked accommodation recently because got place through clearing not confirmed yet though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending