The Student Room Group

Australia visa for clinical elective

I’m a medical student from Malaysia and had been given an offer letter for 6 weeks clinical elective placement in Melbourne. Which category of visa should I apply? Is a tourist visa sufficient? Or am I falling under student visa or training visa? But in the offer letter it’s stated clearly I’m not enrolled as a student in the hospital or university, and I’m not getting paid.
Original post by Elephantee
I’m a medical student from Malaysia and had been given an offer letter for 6 weeks clinical elective placement in Melbourne. Which category of visa should I apply? Is a tourist visa sufficient? Or am I falling under student visa or training visa? But in the offer letter it’s stated clearly I’m not enrolled as a student in the hospital or university, and I’m not getting paid.

Which year are you in? Is this part of your medical school requirement?
hi, I know this was a few months ago. I wonder what was the outcome of it ? Im thinking of applying for an elective in australia as well and would need visa for it. Which visa did you end up getting for it? How was the process of application as well?thanks in advanced!
Hi, I was wondering which visa you applied for?
Original post by reginajesslyn
hi, I know this was a few months ago. I wonder what was the outcome of it ? Im thinking of applying for an elective in australia as well and would need visa for it. Which visa did you end up getting for it? How was the process of application as well?thanks in advanced!
Original post by Elephantee

I am also a med student from Malaysia doing an elective in Melbourne!! Which visa did you end up getting?

Quick Reply

Latest