The Student Room Group

creative writing advice

i need help for improving my creative writing i feel like my descriptions is a bit to vague
so like for example lets say im describing a mountain
what would i need to do to improve it (i just wrote it now with no planning btw)
a shadow loomed over me overwhelming my own. an eerie silence surrounds me as if a danger was near. snows swirling dancing across the ground escaping from the sudden terror beholding me. i slowly turn around to see a beast arisen from nowhere; its tip to be unseen. dark solemn clouds surround as if it was chained. captives to a king. my whole body shuddered and suddenly my head was in the biting snow. i couldnt stand up even the forces of gravity were acting against me. the cold was spreading throughout my body; my fingers numb.my brain screaming at me to stand up. snow was layering over me until there was no more to be covered. like a deceased gone to rest, i had buried my own grave.a moment before i was having fun with everyone and in a flash im about to die. suddenly, i feel a hand touch me. muffles of excitemnt all around me although faint was clear enough. "i found her she's here!"
That's all i remember until i my body finally gave to rest
Reply 1
It's a bit incoherent. It changes tense and is lacking proper punctuation. Some of it makes no sense; you see a beast, but it's tip "to be unseen"? "Captives to a king"? "I buried my own grave"?

Sometimes I think people take creative writing to be cramming in as much imagery and description as possible, but that can detract from the narrative.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest