The Student Room Group

University of Manchester vs University of Leeds

Hi, I'm trying to decide which university to choose. Which is better in terms of graduate prospects and employ-ability? I've applied for business studies and finance at both. Leeds seem to offer a lot of support whereas Manchester doesn't offer that much, however it's higher in the global rankings. If anyone has studied at any of these universities and can offer insight this would be greatly appreciated.
Manchester over Leeds; but the gap is not that great.

I would say Manchester is reasonably arguable as anywhere between the 8th to 12th best university in the UK. I would personally put it at 12th.

I would say Leeds is reasonably arguable as anywhere between the 13th to 20th best university in the UK. I would personally put it at 16th.
Original post by PimBird123
Hi, I'm trying to decide which university to choose. Which is better in terms of graduate prospects and employ-ability? I've applied for business studies and finance at both. Leeds seem to offer a lot of support whereas Manchester doesn't offer that much, however it's higher in the global rankings. If anyone has studied at any of these universities and can offer insight this would be greatly appreciated.

You can get a job with a degree from either.

Employers won't look at the uni you went to, just the overall grade
Reply 3
Original post by PimBird123

Where did you end up going and how has it been? Having the same debate right now.
Reply 4
That Guardian has Manchester well down on Leeds but puts more emphasis on student satisfaction and employability
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2022/sep/24/the-guardian-university-guide-2023-the-rankings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending