The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hi Misanthropic,
You have mentioned that the interview will be only after May. I was wondering which course you mentioning abt. I have applied for microbiology and havent heard anything yet :frown:
Reply 181
With regards to Micro, one of the guys I emialed a while back told me that from the point when they received the lists from Northgate (13th March) he expected it would take at least 3 weeks before they get interview shortlists sorted so I would expect that successful Micro applicants would start hearing the joy joy news after the next week or 2.
shamknly, the post is for haematology and the reason why they will not be interviewing anytime soon is because they need to find out if they can afford to employ a trainee and the budget won't be through until april.
Reply 183
mistryb
With regards to Micro, one of the guys I emialed a while back told me that from the point when they received the lists from Northgate (13th March) he expected it would take at least 3 weeks before they get interview shortlists sorted so I would expect that successful Micro applicants would start hearing the joy joy news after the next week or 2.

Hi

Which Micro post are you refering to, I applied for the one in London, did they give you any clue as to when they will be interviewing?
Reply 184
I applied to Manchester and Bristol and I think the guy that emailed me back with that info was from Bristol. They didnt give any indication about when interviews will be happening.
Hey all,

I applied for 4 micro posts. Haven't heard anything yet :frown:
I don't think I'm gonna get invited for any interviews anyway. I'm undergrad and don't have any clinical lab experience, only about 1,5 year in molecular micro lab. I spoke to one woman from Bristol and she said that they usually accept people with PhD... we will see...
Hitachi2000
Hey all,

I applied for 4 micro posts. Haven't heard anything yet :frown:
I don't think I'm gonna get invited for any interviews anyway. I'm undergrad and don't have any clinical lab experience, only about 1,5 year in molecular micro lab. I spoke to one woman from Bristol and she said that they usually accept people with PhD... we will see...

1.5 year in a micro lab is a lot of experience. I would have thought that you stand a good chance of being invited for interview.
I used to think that too, but now I don't know. I'm worried they will expect me to have some extraordinary knowledge on clinical aspects of micro, which I don't have whatsoever... Do you guys have some back-up plan in case you don't get invited for interview?
Reply 188
The only thing you can do is apply again in July for the left over vacancies

Audiology! has anyone got an interview yet? Is this a time to start giving up hope?
Reply 189
Just found out my applications never got sent. And interviews have all been missed. I really don't know what to do.
Reply 190
NoAngel
Just found out my applications never got sent. And interviews have all been missed. I really don't know what to do.

Oh my gosh that is completely awful! How come? I am so so sorry for you. Can you at least get in for the 2nd round in summer perhaps? :hug:
Reply 191
Well I emailed the training posts to ask when interviews were going to be help and they replied saying they didn't receive an application from me. Northgate are so incompetant, they dont even have any explanation. So gutted.
OMG - I am totally outraged for you! That is just indefensible! I'm seriously shocked! Did you ever get any confirmation from Northgate - even a phone call? I'm so sorry noangel
WHAT?! Thats just so well i cant swear here dam it! Thats just speechless!! Its appauling

I'm sorry NoAngel
Reply 194
I'm still shocked really. The worst part is that I can't even do anyhing about it. When I sent the applicatins, I got this email for each post:

"We acknowledge receipt of your application form for the vacancy W3 - Audiology. Your form will be forwarded to the hospitals of your choice . If successful, you will be contacted to attend an interview after this time."

I then read somewhere on here that someone found out their application didn't go through, so I emailed Northgate and got this response:

"Your applications have been sent to the tutors.

Regards

Recruitment Centre"

So what more could I have done? it's ok that they say they'll send them now, but two of the four interviews have passed (well, one is tomorrow) and of the other two, one have already short listed. So that leaves me with one chance now. I'm really upset about it.

I would recommend that anybody who has not heard checks with their training posts. Call them or email just saying you've heard about somebody that has had this happen and you want to confirm that your application was received. I would hate for anybody else to be in this situation
Hi everyone, only discovered this was here yesterday and found it somehow comforting that there are so many worrying about the same things as me. I applied for four posts in Audiology. Cambridge, Reading, Sheffield and Portsmouth. I have to admit, that aside from Cambridge my applications were slightly willy-nilly as I haven't been to any of the places.

I have so far been invited to two interviews, one in Cambridge and one in Reading The cambridge one is monday, far too soon for my liking. And like someone else said, I'll have a long way to travel for all of them, as I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. Reading is at the end of april. Haven't heard from the other two. Applied quite late for the MSCs, so worried I won't get accepted for them. Though got an interview for Manchester. Am slightly stressed as you can hear :smile:

Good luck to you all!

Anna
Reply 196
Hi Anna :redface:)

Sheffield are still short listing. Interviews on the 21st April apparently. Congratulations on your interviews! Thats great news. And best of luck :redface:)
Reply 197
That is so awful NoAngel, have you spoken directly to the labs and told them Northgate sent them confirmation? I'm sure you have but it just all seems so unfair!
Reply 198
I have applied for the audiology posts too! but I havent applied for the MSc yet! now I am worried! I am confused because I wont be doing the MSc if I dont get a post and wont get the post if I dont get on to the MSc?!
NoAngel so sorry to hear about you situation! I got two calls from two of the places I applied saying there were bits missing from the application (which I checked with Northgate that they were complete) so I made them check again and send them complete. this was about a week ago
Do you know if the Manchester one has been short listed for interview? if so then thats no interview for me there then!
Hey NoAngel. Really sorry about what happened to your applications. Have you tried contacting each place to explain? If they haven't actually given out the posts yet they might feel sorry for you and look thorugh your app even though it's technically late.

21st of april? That would kind of clash with Reading on the 22nd. Especially as I've already bought my train ticket for down there. I know I should be greatful for all the opprtunities I'm given, but I'm not sure how they're expecting me to do this. Shouldn't get stressed out before it's actually a problem, I know, but really...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending