The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

applenia
Well done both!

Have you heard from London at all?

No, haven't heard from anyone other than Manc. No idea what's happening with them.
welshie83
Congrats well done. ANy idea what the interview will be on, whats the format? Anyone else had genetics interviews in the past??????

It said on the letter, the interview will be following the national recruitment process when everyone (who applied to all centres) will be interviewed under one roof. Then the best get to pick where they want to go (pick out of their choices)..

Has anyone on this forum been through this national recruitment process and can anyone put forward questions that they have been asked on their interviews?

THANX IN ADVANCE (that rhymed!)
Reply 982
GraduateSK
It said on the letter, the interview will be following the national recruitment process when everyone (who applied to all centres) will be interviewed under one roof. Then the best get to pick where they want to go (pick out of their choices)..

I'm not sure "the best get to pick"; it should say on your interview invite which region you've been shortlisted for. I would imagine that everyone is only considered for the positions they've been shortlisted for. Unless of course everyone's listed you!

Here's a slightly stupid question - does anyone know when the jobs actually start?
Reply 983
c97hc1, Manc H+I post starts in September, I think that's when most if not all start? Though they did also say they can try to get funding to start earlier if people are available to start sooner.
Reply 984
Thanks vivski :smile:

Ah, the more I think about it the more I want this job! Anyone have any idea roughly how many people per place they interview? Although I guess it varies from place to place
c97hc1
I'm not sure "the best get to pick"; it should say on your interview invite which region you've been shortlisted for. I would imagine that everyone is only considered for the positions they've been shortlisted for. Unless of course everyone's listed you!

Here's a slightly stupid question - does anyone know when the jobs actually start?

Actually - I have heard these words from the center I applied to. Of course if you are shortlisted for more than one, you get to pick which one you want out of those. I wasnt talking about myself but generally about the process.
c97hc1
Anyone have any idea roughly how many people per place they interview? Although I guess it varies from place to place

For my audiology interview it was 6 people, from 60 applicants I think.
Reply 987
c97hc1
Thanks vivski :smile:

Anyone have any idea roughly how many people per place they interview? Although I guess it varies from place to place

Manchester H+I interviewed 10 people for 2 places, guess it does depend very much on the place tho
Most places will shortlist between 6-12 places, depending on how many posts they have to fill and how many suitable applicants there are. Some have a set number they want to shortlist no matter what, some are flexible with the number in case there are more outstanding applicants than they expected. Depends on a lot really, but 6-12 seems the normal number as most places won't want to be interviewing for more than a day.
Reply 989
vivski
Hi BethStar,

I applied to Clinical Immunology this year in Preston and southampton.

Ah cool :smile: I applied to southampton and oxford. Have you heard anything back?

Do you mind if i ask what experiance you have? degree/phd or job ect.
Reply 990
BethStar
Ah cool :smile: I applied to southampton and oxford. Have you heard anything back?

Do you mind if i ask what experiance you have? degree/phd or job ect.

No I've not heard anything from either immunology one I applied for.

Don't mind you asking at all, I have a degree in immunology and a PhD and have been working as a postdoc for 4 years but the academic career path just isn't for me so decided to do something different!
vivski
Don't mind you asking at all, I have a degree in immunology and a PhD and have been working as a postdoc for 4 years but the academic career path just isn't for me so decided to do something different!

Yikes, I'm severely underqualified in comparison :p: BSc in Microbiology and finishing off a MSc in Clinical Transfusion & Transplantation Science.
Reply 992
Svenjamin
Yikes, I'm severely underqualified in comparison :p: BSc in Microbiology and finishing off a MSc in Clinical Transfusion & Transplantation Science.

That MSc is much more directly relevant than my stuff! :p: I guess it is a good demonstration of the fact that they do accept people with quite a wide range of qualifications and experience - your application and how you come across in interview is really important. I met a lot of other people with PhDs at the manchester H+I open day who obviously were unsuccessful!
applenia
Well done both!

Have you heard from London at all?

Royal London Hosptial sent out their H&I shortlist on the 5th, so letters should be arriving about now.
Hi everyone :smile:

I successfully got a place on Medical Physics at Swansea for the MSc and placement! Was just wondering if anyone else on this thread is placed or has their masters in Swansea? Congratulations to everyone who's got interviews/training places!
studentpete

I successfully got a place on Medical Physics at Swansea for the MSc and placement! Was just wondering if anyone else on this thread is placed or has their masters in Swansea? Congratulations to everyone who's got interviews/training places!

Well done !!
Reply 996
studentpete

Yeah, congratulations!!
Reply 997
I applied for Immunology at Southampton and have an interview on Wednesday. Ahhhh!
Reply 998
I just received an invitation to interview for H & I at Colindale Hospital (London)!!! Can't believe it! :smile:

Hope other people got some good news this morning too!

Mel
Reply 999
To all the people whove had interviews, what sort of questions did you get asked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending