The Student Room Group

Nursing students: Safemedicate calculator for final year

My university said that we need to get 100% on the safemedicate exam in the final year of our nursing programme. I am nearing the end of my 2nd year of adult nursing. Please can someone tell me what the exam entails? Is it just the medicines formula calculations or does it include healthcare numeracy test as well? And will we be given a calculator to use or the safemedicate calculator? My university hasn't given many details besides that we need to get 100% in the real thing and that if we fail once, we'll be given another try. Thanks :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Minsun2019
My university said that we need to get 100% on the safemedicate exam in the final year of our nursing programme. I am nearing the end of my 2nd year of adult nursing. Please can someone tell me what the exam entails? Is it just the medicines formula calculations or does it include healthcare numeracy test as well? And will we be given a calculator to use or the safemedicate calculator? My university hasn't given many details besides that we need to get 100% in the real thing and that if we fail once, we'll be given another try. Thanks :smile:

Mine was just 40 questions using three different equations. It was divided into four sections of 10 questions each. It was essentially just plugging the numbers into the equations.

I used an online calculator. You should have done safemedicate in your first year.
Reply 2
Original post by Mentalhealth*12
Mine was just 40 questions using three different equations. It was divided into four sections of 10 questions each. It was essentially just plugging the numbers into the equations.

I used an online calculator. You should have done safemedicate in your first year.

Hi, thanks for your answer. May I ask, what were the 4 sections you did?
Original post by Minsun2019
Hi, thanks for your answer. May I ask, what were the 4 sections you did?

I made a safemedicate equations word document which I attached. The first 10 questions were on tablets. The questions from 10 to 30 were on injections. Questions 30 to 40 were on IV infusions. Questions 10 to 20 and questions 20 to 30 were slightly different but used the same equation. I think it was just a different syringe used.
Reply 4
Do these safe medicate tests get done in an exam hall-like setting?
Reply 5
Original post by BJM1985
Do these safe medicate tests get done in an exam hall-like setting?

At Swansea uni they're done in a computer lab as every student will be given a different set of questions, so they can't cheat off each other. There is still an invigilator, and you can't bring anything with you other than a pen/pencil. Paper for workings out should be provided. It's honestly a nicer way of doing the exam imo as there are less people in the room with you. How other universities do it I'm unsure, though I don't see how it would be much different to Swansea as it's the most practical approach. Using university computers means that there's usually time before the exam to iron out any logging in issues, and you have IT support there to make sure things go smoothly. Hope this helps, and good luck! Mine summative is on Tuesday.
Reply 6
I made a safemedicate equations word document which I attached. The first 10 questions were on tablets. The questions from 10 to 30 were on injections. Questions 30 to 40 were on IV infusions. Questions 10 to 20 and questions 20 to 30 were slightly different but used the same equation. I think it was just a different syringe used.

Hi, could you please provide again the document because gave error when I tried to open. Thanks
Reply 7

Could you please, sending again this document because gave me error in decode when I tried to open it, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending