The Student Room Group

Open a bank account boarding school address?

Hi I'm not a UK/EU resident so I live in a boarding house here. I'd like to open a bank account (classic) at Lloyds, but they need a proof of address as well as ID. What can I use for this? I don't have bank statements, tenancy agreement or bills (not even in my original home address in my own country) Will acceptance letter from the school saying I'm a boarding student count as proof of address?
Original post by Bookworm524
Hi I'm not a UK/EU resident so I live in a boarding house here. I'd like to open a bank account (classic) at Lloyds, but they need a proof of address as well as ID. What can I use for this? I don't have bank statements, tenancy agreement or bills (not even in my original home address in my own country) Will acceptance letter from the school saying I'm a boarding student count as proof of address?

I would think that a bank would accept that. I would ask your school to write a letter on headed paper stating your full name and date of birth, and that you are a boarding student and what your postal address is.
Check with the bank and talk to your housemaster. I’m sure it should be fine.
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending