The Student Room Group

student rent debt

Hi,

I thought I'd come on here to seek advice as im really stressed out. I'm moving out of my 2nd year uni house on the 30th June and I owe £1000 for my last rent installment which I can't afford at all. I have the minimum student loan and have had a change of circumstances this year meaning I have been left in a bad position with my rent. My landlord contacted me to inform me I have an outstanding balance and I can't pay it. My Dad recently had to lend me money to pay the rent for my new house over summer before my loan comes in and I dont think he could afford another £1000. I'm really unsure what to do and I know I've left it to the last minute but I was wondering if anyone has any advice of what I could do regarding my rent arears.
Do you have a part time job?
Or access to a student overdraft while you are waiting for next academic year's student finance to come through?
Reply 2
Hi I have already used my overdraft for first year rent but are currently looking for a job and hopefully will have one soon. I'm really stressed as i still dont have one due to a lack of experience and need my rent money pretty soon. :frown:/Original post by londonmyst)Do you have a part time job?
Or access to a student overdraft while you are waiting for next academic year's student finance to come through?

Original post by londonmyst
Do you have a part time job?
Reply 3
Go to your SU or Citizens advice for some support immediately. Someone needs to help you negotiate a payment plan. I would see if your Dad can help a bit more and of course the job will help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending