The Student Room Group

Introduction to Health Sciences - CITY U.

Hi all,

So I essentially want to read about anybody's experience doing Introduction to HEalth Sciences course, no matter where you attended that course. I am starting that course in September and I would love to have a little insight to the ins and outs of the course first hand.
Original post by kdaniels96
Hi all,

So I essentially want to read about anybody's experience doing Introduction to HEalth Sciences course, no matter where you attended that course. I am starting that course in September and I would love to have a little insight to the ins and outs of the course first hand.

Did u end up doing the course? If yes, what was it like? Is it worth it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous821
Did u end up doing the course? If yes, what was it like? Is it worth it

Yes I did end up completing the course. Went smoothly, start ur assignments the day you receive them, or at least begin planning them, chip away at it on a day to day basis so you are able to have a good hold on things. Be set on the profession you want, because I saw with my very eyes students who were going with the flow and not being particular. PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW from now, have the profession you want in mind then prepare for the BSc that caters to that.

Be consistent, message ur lecturers (through teams) for transparency, they appreciate it when youre clear even if it may not work out, communicating everything is key.
Yes I did end up completing the course. Went smoothly, start ur assignments the day you receive them, or at least begin planning them, chip away at it on a day to day basis so you are able to have a good hold on things. Be set on the profession you want, because I saw with my very eyes students who were going with the flow and not being particular. PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW from now, have the profession you want in mind then prepare for the BSc that caters to that.

Be consistent, message ur lecturers (through teams) for transparency, they appreciate it when youre clear even if it may not work out, communicating everything is key.

I want to progress onto diagnostic radiography. What did u progress onto. Is there a specific percentage I need to get onto the bsc diagnostic radiography course? What year did you do this course?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
I want to progress onto diagnostic radiography. What did u progress onto. Is there a specific percentage I need to get onto the bsc diagnostic radiography course? What year did you do this course?

The academic year that just passed was what I did and I was aiming for Therapeutic Radiography. They explain the percentage but I know diagnostic is COMPETITIVE, you need to be sharp with everything because loads of people want a spot but then their work/interview lets them down.
The academic year that just passed was what I did and I was aiming for Therapeutic Radiography. They explain the percentage but I know diagnostic is COMPETITIVE, you need to be sharp with everything because loads of people want a spot but then their work/interview lets them down.

Do you kno exactly what percentage is needed to get on to the diagnostic. I've heard it is 65,if it's that, how hard do u think it is to get that according to how its taught and the content. Also, once completing the foundation year, do you not automatically get on to the desired course
Reply 6
Do you kno exactly what percentage is needed to get on to the diagnostic. I've heard it is 65,if it's that, how hard do u think it is to get that according to how its taught and the content. Also, once completing the foundation year, do you not automatically get on to the desired course

I think the percentage is the same for all of them as its the standard pass rate and the requirements that fall under that (from what I can remember), they do let you know at the beginning of the course the full breakdown and youre reminded with each assignment, if anything the resources for the vital subjects on moodle should include this information and what contributes what percentage. You dont automatically get on you're still competing for a place which is the reason for the interviews so you have to definitely prepare well for that as the academic year progresses, but after the InHS you should be granted a position, given youve passed and done well in your interview. I would say prepare and research questions and answers cuz its so easy for that piece of the puzzle to make one lose an opportunity.
I think the percentage is the same for all of them as its the standard pass rate and the requirements that fall under that (from what I can remember), they do let you know at the beginning of the course the full breakdown and youre reminded with each assignment, if anything the resources for the vital subjects on moodle should include this information and what contributes what percentage. You dont automatically get on you're still competing for a place which is the reason for the interviews so you have to definitely prepare well for that as the academic year progresses, but after the InHS you should be granted a position, given youve passed and done well in your interview. I would say prepare and research questions and answers cuz its so easy for that piece of the puzzle to make one lose an opportunity.

Yeh 100 percent mate. Do you have Snapchat so i can PM you regarding more questions. I've tried PMing on this but it doesn't let me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending