The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Experience Summer School - Has Anyone Heard Any News?

Has anyone heard any news about the YESS programme for this year? I’ve applied myself, and the anticipation of waiting is killing me!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I’m in the exact same boat I keep checking my emails every few hours!
I received an email a few weeks ago saying they had too many applications and it was taking a lot longer but nothing since then.
I’ll post on here if I get anything else from them.
Hope we both get on :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by blue_dalmatian
Has anyone heard any news about the YESS programme for this year? I’ve applied myself, and the anticipation of waiting is killing me!

Hi,

I've asked our team if they have an update on the YESS programme, so I'll try and get back to you as soon as possible with an update!

Hazel :smile:

Hi,

The team are still finalising places for YESS and then they will be in touch shortly with students. You should know the outcome of your application before the end of April :smile:

Hazel
Wonderful! Thank you very much, Hazel :smile:
Wonderful! Thank you very much, Hazel :smile:

No problem :smile:
Anyone going? I am
Original post by Woow786
Anyone going? I am

I’m going ! I’m going to the one in August wbu
The medicine one, called YESS 2 is the one I am going
Original post by Woow786
The medicine one, called YESS 2 is the one I am going

I’m doing psychology but same programme. See you there !
Guys are you sure that they split the cohort up in terms of what subject you want to study at university. Like medicine or whatever. On the website it seems like a generic program.
Original post by Woow786
Guys are you sure that they split the cohort up in terms of what subject you want to study at university. Like medicine or whatever. On the website it seems like a generic program.

I’m under the impression we are one group for majority but for one day or so we have introduction lectures and seminars in our subjects if they have enough people as we had to state. We should find out more in coming emails and the webinar thing
Also have you heard anything about transport, one of my friends received train tickets but I haven’t got anything
(edited 1 year ago)
Yeh I got The tickets today
Original post by Woow786
Yeh I got The tickets today

I got a confirmation email last week or something but no tickets , might email and ask. Where are you coming from
There was a form about travel did you fill it in. I’m from up north
Original post by Woow786
There was a form about travel did you fill it in. I’m from up north

I filled it in and got the confirmation saying thanks for filling it and and told me what I selected which was train. I’ve emailed them with this email. I’m also from up north. If I manage to get tickets hope to see you there
Hey did you get the tickets. How are you feeling about summer school?
Original post by Woow786
Hey did you get the tickets. How are you feeling about summer school?

Hi, finally got them 2 weeks ago which is a relief. I’m nervous but excited I think. Wbu. Also what sessions did you get given
Dodgeball and the board game. I’m feeling excited but not nervous. I’m just worried about the journey there.
I got dodge ball biology and health science. Same tbh like wasn’t there meant to be another email about what happens when we arrive as once I’m there I have no clue. All I know is my train leaves the station at 12:40

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending