The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

University of Derby Clearing 2022

Clearing is here.
And this is the thread to discuss anything about University of Derby Clearing for 2022.
You can ask any questions in this thread. Anything at all.
If you’re not exactly sure what Clearing is, take a look at our What is Clearing? thread.
And we are just a call or chat message away.
You can call us on 01332 592022 to discuss your Clearing options.
Alternatively, you can message us on WhatsApp using the link on our Clearing pages.
Or you can use our Clearing enquiry form and we’ll get back to you.
However you want to contact us, we will do everything we can to help you.
Remember, if you’re still looking for a university course for September, or have changed your mind about what and where you want to study, you can find your place through Clearing.
Here's wishing you all the best in everything you do. :thumbsup:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi folks
As a starter, to kick us off, I thought I’d add some FAQs and their respective responses. Here’s the first frequently asked question:

What is Clearing?
We answer this in more detail in our What is Clearing? thread but, in simple terms, Clearing is another opportunity for you to find a place at university this September. There are a number of reasons why it might be a good option for you:

You've changed your mind about your course or university since you applied and made your firm and insurance choices

You're not currently holding any offers - either because you've declined all the offers you received or you weren't offered a place on any of the courses you applied for

You've only recently decided that you'd like to apply to university

You are unsure whether you'll achieve the grades you need for your firm and insurance choices

Whatever the reason, Clearing is a way for you to reset and take a positive step forward.

I’ll add more FAQs as we go along. And please ask your own questions. Anything that is worrying you. That’s what we’re here for.
All the best.
Toby
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Another FAQ for you:

What is Fast Track to Clearing?
If you go on the University of Derby website, you will see the phrase Fast Track to Clearing.
Clearing opened last week but it has been possible to pre-register for Clearing at many universities, including the University of Derby, before this.
Different universities call this pre-registration different things. At Derby, we call it Fast Track to Clearing. Because it does exactly that. It puts you on the Fast Track.
And we run our Fast Track to Clearing right up to results week.
What it means is that you can send us your details and we get in touch to take you through your next steps. Other universities offering pre-registration are likely to have a similar process.
And we’ll call you on results day. If you already have your results, we may even be able to offer you a place before that.

If you have any questions about Fast Track or anything else about Clearing, please post them below.
All the best.
Toby
Right, this is the big one:

What do I do when I’ve got my results?

There isn't one single answer to that question. It depends on so many things. So I'm going to break it down. Let's start with ...

I got the results I wanted: what happens next?
Well done, you!
What you do next depends on what your results are, and whether you still want to go to your firm choice, or your insurance choice, or neither.
Let’s keep this first one simple.
If you are happy to go to your firm choice, simply log in to your UCAS Track account on results day. This will show information about your offer and give you further instructions.

Told you it was simple.
If you have any questions, please post them here.
And I'll be back with more FAQs.
All the best.
Toby
(edited 1 year ago)
Next question is another one under What do I do when I’ve got my results?

I got the results I wanted: can I change my mind?
You can certainly change your mind. This is where it gets complicated.
A different course?
You may decide you do want to go to your firm-choice university - but on a different course. If you do, call the university’s admissions team and they will consider your request.
Deferring?
You can also apply to defer. You’ll need to tell the university why and, again, they will consider your request.
Insurance choice?
If you decide you want to go to your insurance choice instead of your firm choice, call your insurance-choice university and they will work with you and UCAS to change your application.
A whole new choice?
If you are already holding an offer, you can release yourself into Clearing through UCAS Track. You don’t need to wait for the university you're currently holding an offer with to release you. You're now able to do this yourself
The process for releasing yourself into Clearing is straightforward, but please ensure you definitely want to decline your current offer before you do this. If you accidentally release yourself, contact the university as soon as possible to discuss your options.
To release yourself into Clearing:

Sign into UCAS Track, where you will see a 'Decline my place' button on your homepage

You will be taken to a page explaining what you are about to do, which will ask you to confirm your decision

You will then receive an email confirming that you have been released and can now apply to other universities in Clearing

As always, if you have any more questions, post them here.
All the best. :crossedf:
Toby
This is the biggest What do I do when I’ve got my results? question:

I didn’t get the results I need: what happens now?
Don’t panic.
A lot of people will tell you that. And they are correct.
First of all, you may still have been accepted onto your chosen course or been offered an alternative. So check UCAS Track. This will show you if you’ve been offered a place.
If not, you can find another course through Clearing.
Remember, Clearing is a way for you to reset and take a positive step forward.
And be prepared. When you contact universities, make sure you know the name of the course you want to apply for. Also, have your UCAS number to hand and the details of any results, including GCSEs or equivalent.
At Derby, we will display our Clearing phone number prominently on the website, along with other ways to contact us. This will be the case with other universities that offer courses through Clearing.
If a university makes you a verbal offer during your call, you will then need to refer yourself to the university on UCAS Track. The dropdown menu that allows you to do this will be available at 3pm on results day. It can then take some time for the status to change to “confirmed” as universities work through their offers.
If you have already applied for Student Finance, you will need to contact them to tell them you are changing university.
And contact the university’s accommodation office to see what accommodation they have available.

On a personal note, so many people I know have found a course and a university through Clearing that turned out to be perfect for them.
All the best.
Toby
Can I apply through Clearing if I’m a new applicant?
Yes, Clearing is open to new applicants who have not yet applied for September 2022.
Again, the advice is to be prepared. When you contact universities, make sure you know the name of the course you want to apply for. Also, have your UCAS number to hand and the details of any results, including GCSEs or equivalent.
If a university makes you a verbal offer during your call, you will then need to refer yourself to the university on UCAS Track. The dropdown menu that allows you to do this will be available at 3pm on results day. It can then take some time for the status to change to “confirmed” as universities work through their offers.
If you want to apply for a student loan, you’ll need to contact Student Finance. And contact the university’s accommodation office to see what accommodation they have available.

All the best.
Toby
Well, we're almost there (been there, done that if you’re in Scotland).
Results day is on Thursday. Good luck everyone. :crossedf:
And here’s one more question:

What can I do now?
Before results day on Thursday 18 August, get hold of the UCAS Clearing list by visiting UCAS Search and select the Clearing 2022 option. This facility is available now and will give you an opportunity to see what’s currently available (more choices will appear on results day).
And make a note of when the university hotlines open on Results Day. Most will open earlier than normal office hours. You should ring as soon as lines open to give yourself the best chance.
The University of Derby Clearing Hotline, 01332 592022, opens at 8am on results day and closes at 8pm.
It is open again from 8am to 8pm on the Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturday on Sunday. The following Monday to Friday, it is open from 9am to 5pm.

As always, let us know if you have any questions about Clearing - or anything? We will do our best to answer them.
All the best.
Toby
Hi folks
All the best for tomorrow. I've said it elsewhere, I hope you have a positive day whatever happens with your results.
Remember, there are many avenues to get you where you need to be.
I will be one of many manning our Clearing hotline tomorrow morning. If you need us, call 01332 592022. We're open from 8am.
You can also contact us via WhatsApp or use our Clearing enquiry form. All the information you need is on our Clearing pages.
All the best.
Toby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending