The Student Room Group

long term money

so basically i have money in my bank and i don't know how to make it valuable in the long term like i don't want to invest in it, but i'm thinking about buying a house in my home country and of course later on i will sell it and of course i will win more than 100% in it or buy gold jewellery kinda for myself and keep it to myself and later on when i need the money i will sell and of course i will get more than 100% in it
but i'm not sure if this idea is going to work or not and i'm not sure if i can do it though?
Reply 1
Original post by shybutterfly
so basically i have money in my bank and i don't know how to make it valuable in the long term like i don't want to invest in it, but i'm thinking about buying a house in my home country and of course later on i will sell it and of course i will win more than 100% in it or buy gold jewellery kinda for myself and keep it to myself and later on when i need the money i will sell and of course i will get more than 100% in it
but i'm not sure if this idea is going to work or not and i'm not sure if i can do it though?

If you actually do want to buy a house in your "home country", then you should first read about the legal and tax issues associated with doing that.

Aside from that, your strategy does not make much sense at all. You seem to want your cash to avoid losing value over time to inflation. The main way to do that is to invest. Whilst investment carries risk, buying a house with the intention of later selling it for profit also carries risk. You need to assess the risk and make financial decisions based on your strategy and also how comfortable you feel with handling that risk.

Buying jewellery with the intention of later selling it for profit sounds ridiculous. You will probably sell it for what you originally paid or more likely sell it at a loss. To make a profit, you would need to have a deep knowledge in the industry as to what items have value. You would then need to have the financial resources to buy those items and then hope those items remain valuable over time. Again, this all carries risk and the whole idea - at least to me - sounds far riskier than just investing your cash.

If I am being honest here, you come across as extremely naïve. I think you need to read a lot of information on websites such as moneysavingexpert.
(edited 1 year ago)
Seek advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending