The Student Room Group

Should I give money to this man?

This man is 35, he unfortunately has a few hundred quid left which he has been learning day stock trading, Nasdaq stuff etc.

Not long term investments.

However he said it will last him for nearly three months. He's had a online business before which he quit.

Maybe for finances, he could do his business again.

However he was worried about money, he's friend offered him financial help and myself too and after.

However I did say I could possibly get him a job after.

The easiest solution for him, at his age, is to get a job, any job.
Q) Should I give money to this man?
A) No.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Q) Should I give money to this man?
A) No.

Thank you.

Would you say, he should just get a job? He's other friend might have lent him a few hundred.

This 35 man said "when I heard my other friend wanting to give me money, I felt very very relieved".
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you.

Would you say, he should just get a job? He's other friend might have lent him a few hundred.

This 35 man said "when I heard my other friend wanting to give me money, I felt very very relieved".

Why would he not have a job?

(Noting that I won't accept "he's a day trader").
Reply 4
I think the last time he had a job was probably badly way back in 2015. After that he earnt some money through his online business.
Reply 5
Note that he said he does this sort of course, if he does well on this course, he is allowed to use another person's or company's money.
Original post by Anonymous
Note that he said he does this sort of course, if he does well on this course, he is allowed to use another person's or company's money.

And this isn't setting off any alarm bells? You feel this all sounds legit?
Reply 7
And this isn't setting off any alarm bells? You feel this all sounds legit?
He said he has to pass a challenge on a demo. It's not his money he will be using.
Reply 8
Bonkers, no. Tell him to get a job!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending