The Student Room Group

Special Support Grant & Parents Learning Allowance - Help?

Are the Maintenance Grant and the Special Support Grant the same things? I’ve applied for Student Finance and the Maintenance Grant and am currently in the process of filling out the DSA forms, but didn’t see anything regarding the Special Support Grant. I do meet the requirements listed on the website, having disabilities and being a single parent with custody. If so, how do I change the Maintenance Grant to the Special Support Grant? Or is this a separate application, if that’s the case how do I apply as I couldn’t find any option to apply.

I have the same question regarding Parents Learning Allowance, while filling out the application I did not see any options to apply for PLA, how do I do this?

Or am I misunderstanding, and do Student Finance themselves decide if you get the Special Support Grant and Parents Learning Allowance without applying for them specifically based on information given in the application for student finance and the Maintenance Grant.

Do student finance have an email address? Or is phone the only way to contact them?

Thanks for any information its greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending